[comp.lsi] NPN device characteristics in SCNA20?

jkennedy@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Joel Kennedy) (12/07/90)

Hello, I would like to consider having something fabricated
using the NPN devices available on the SCNA20 MOSIS process
and would like to know more about what properties they have.
1)  Is there any "example" transistor with Spice models
    available through MOSIS mail requests?
2)  Has anybody else done this?  What sort of Rc, etc, was
    found?
3)  Any other advice/warnings/etc would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Joel Kennedy
kennedy@ee.umn.edu

sllu@jenny.isi.edu (Shih-Lien Lu) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec6.164058.7650@cs.umn.edu> jkennedy@umn-cs.cs.umn.edu (Joel Kennedy) writes:
>Hello, I would like to consider having something fabricated
>using the NPN devices available on the SCNA20 MOSIS process
>and would like to know more about what properties they have.
>1)  Is there any "example" transistor with Spice models
>    available through MOSIS mail requests?
>2)  Has anybody else done this?  What sort of Rc, etc, was
>    found?
>3)  Any other advice/warnings/etc would be appreciated.  Thanks.
>
>Joel Kennedy
>kennedy@ee.umn.edu

(1) FTP from "vlsi-cad.isi.edu" using "anonymous" as login with any password
    the file "npn.mag".
    I have put a prelim. model file "bipolar.mod" there also. REMEBER this
    is PRELIMINARY DATA.

(2) You may use the model file to find the Rc of the corresponding NPN
    transistors with SPICE.

(3) One lesson we have learned: Do not use the minimum sized NPN
    transistor as depicted in the MOSIS' design rule file.

Shih-Lien Lu
sllu@mosis.edu