[comp.lsi] Verilog educational use

chrisv@isis.m2c.org (Chris Vagnini) (12/14/90)

In article <27200002@sunb6> hughes@sunb6.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>To the best of my knowledge, there is no public domain program which
>will execute Verilog code.  The next best thing might be a University
>Site License from Intermetrics which runs about $1K/workstation.
>
><<Disclaimer about accuracy of above information>>

I can help with that accuracy...  The Verilog simulator comes from
Cadence; they have an educational program which provides Cadence
products for educational use for $1000 per platform (not per
workstation -- 15 sun-4s would count as one platform) per product.  In
some cases, such as unfunded research, the fee may be waived.

Write if you need to know how to reach Cadence...

				-- chris
Chris Vagnini
Northeastern University VLSI CAD Lab
chrisv@nuvlsi.coe.northeastern.edu

dank@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Daniel R. Kegel) (12/15/90)

chrisv@isis.m2c.org (Chris Vagnini) writes:

>The Verilog simulator comes from Cadence; they have an educational program
>which provides Cadence products for educational use for $1000 per platform
>(not per workstation -- 15 sun-4s would count as one platform) per product.
>In some cases, such as unfunded research, the fee may be waived.
>Write if you need to know how to reach Cadence...

helpful.  To subscript, post a note to verilog-request@cadence.com.
Cadence reads it, I'm sure.
- Dan Kegel