[comp.lsi] VHDL public domain software

cees@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Cees Keyer) (01/31/91)

Hello netlanders,

We are trying to set up a course in VHDL.
So we would like to have a overview on the software
which is available in the Public Domain.
So if any one knows about PD software which can handle VHDl
circuit descriptions and simulate or parse them please let me know.
I'll post an article with the replies I'll get.

Thanks in advance,
Cees Keyer.
--
Ach, ik ben slechts een a-modieus wezen, gedrenkt in de pap der tijden.
Cees Keyer, Algemene Hogeschool Amsterdam.  | fax: (+31) 20-443215

davidb@inmet.inmet.com (02/01/91)

/* Written  2:20 pm  Jan 30, 1991 by cees@maestro.htsa.aha.nl */

>We are trying to set up a course in VHDL.  So we would like to have a
>overview on the software which is available in the Public Domain.  So
>if any one knows about PD software which can handle VHDl circuit
>descriptions and simulate or parse them please let me know.  I'll post
>an article with the replies I'll get.

A real good source is the package of basic gates distributed for a
copying charge by ITD, associated with Mississippi State in
Starkville, Miss.  Not only is this a good selection of basic gates,
but it conforms to the preliminary standards under consideration by
the EIA and the modeling standards committee of the IEEE DASS.
Contact ITD at Starkville (I do not have the number; try long distance
information).

						Dave Barton
						barton@i2wash.com

socrates@itd.msstate.EDU (DR. SCIENCE) (02/04/91)

On Feb 1,  7:54pm, davidb@inmet.inmet.com wrote:
} Subject: Re: VHDL public domain software
}
[...]
}-- End of excerpt from davidb@inmet.inmet.com

Our VHDL modelling group here at ITD is headed by Scott Calhoun.
You can reach him through email by jscott@itd.msstate.edu
or by phone: (601)-325-8356

* Robert Miller (socrates@itd.msstate.edu)                     *
* CAD/System Administrator                                     *
* Institute for Technology Development                         *
* Advanced MicroElectronics Division                           *
* 1 Research Blvd. Suite 205.                                  *
* Starkville, Ms. 39759                                        *