[comp.lsi] Cheap silicon processing

ken@nucleus.harvard.edu (Ken Cleary) (05/17/91)

Just curious, does anyone know of any other organizations, like MOSIS
(MOS Implementation System), that handle inexpensive processing of VLSI
designs?  I'm becoming familiar with MOSIS, and am just curious if there
are any other organizations/agencies that will inexpensively make
prototype/experimental I.C.'s, whether aimed at industry or academia?

Thanks.

paul@cronus.m2c.org (Paul Cohen) (05/18/91)

In article <6798@husc6.harvard.edu>, ken@nucleus.harvard.edu (Ken Cleary) writes:
|> Just curious, does anyone know of any other organizations, like MOSIS
|> (MOS Implementation System), that handle inexpensive processing of VLSI

The Massachusetts Microelectronics Center (M2C) now offers fast
turn-around prototyping in our 2 micron dual-metal single-poly Nwell
CMOS process. For more information, including pricing, contact
Bonnie MacDonald (macdonald@m2c.org).

Paul B. Cohen 	                            | paul@m2c.org
Massachusetts Microelectronics Center (M2C) | (508) 870-0312 x244 (V)
75 North Drive	                            | (508) 898-2275      (F)
Westborough, MA 			    |

mark@mips.com (Mark G. Johnson) (05/18/91)

In article <6798@husc6.harvard.edu> ken@nucleus.harvard.edu (Ken Cleary) writes:
  >Just curious, does anyone know of any other organizations, like MOSIS
  >(MOS Implementation System), that handle inexpensive processing of VLSI
  >designs?  I'm becoming familiar with MOSIS, and am just curious if there
  >are any other organizations/agencies that will inexpensively make
  >prototype/experimental I.C.'s, whether aimed at industry or academia?
  >
  >Thanks.

ORBIT SEMICONDUCTOR
SUNNYVALE, CALIFORNIA, USA
408-744-1800

They are virtually identical to MOSIS except they are a for-profit
business enterprise, "working hard for the customer" to achieve
timely results.
--
 -- Mark Johnson
 	MIPS Computer Systems, 930 E. Arques M/S 2-02, Sunnyvale, CA 94088-3650

scarpull@aero.org (John Scarpulla) (05/23/91)

You might consider Orbit Semiconductor, a commercial silicon foundry.
(408)747-1263.  Check out IEEE Circuits and Devices Magazine (May 1991)
page 6 for more information.