[comp.arch] detailed description of the current Connection Machine implementation

tamir@CS.UCLA.EDU (01/03/87)

I am looking for detailed information regarding the architecture
and implementation of Connection Machine currently being sold
by Thinking Machines Inc.
Note that I already know where to find general descriptions of
the Connection Machine *model* and applications that are being
run on the system.
I am looking for a description of the current hardware with as
many details as possible (i.e. something beyond Hillis' book).

Is such a description available to the public ?
Has anybody seen a published paper or a manual from Thinking Machines
with this information ?

			   Yuval Tamir

Internet: tamir@cs.ucla.edu
    UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,ucbvax,sdcrdcf,trwspp}!ucla-cs!tamir

jbn@glacier.STANFORD.EDU (John B. Nagle) (01/03/87)

In article <3548@curly.ucla-cs.UCLA.EDU> tamir@CS.UCLA.EDU (Yuval Tamir) writes:
>I am looking for detailed information regarding the architecture
>and implementation of Connection Machine currently being sold
>by Thinking Machines Inc.

     One must join their cult to learn the inner mysteries.

					John Nagle

omondi@unc.UUCP (Amos Omondi) (01/04/87)

> I am looking for detailed information regarding the architecture
> and implementation of Connection Machine currently being sold
> by Thinking Machines Inc.
> Note that I already know where to find general descriptions of
> the Connection Machine *model* and applications that are being
> run on the system.
> I am looking for a description of the current hardware with as
> many details as possible (i.e. something beyond Hillis' book).
>
> Is such a description available to the public ?
> Has anybody seen a published paper or a manual from Thinking Machines
> with this information ?
>
> 			   Yuval Tamir
>
> Internet: tamir@cs.ucla.edu
>     UUCP: ...!{ihnp4,ucbvax,sdcrdcf,trwspp}!ucla-cs!tamir

There is a book, "The Connection Machine" by Hillis,
published by MIT Press.  I think ...

omondi@unc.UUCP (Amos Omondi) (01/04/87)

Big Blunder.  I must learn to read entire articles !!!

geo@necis.UUCP (George Aguiar ext. 224) (01/06/87)

There is an article in IEEE COMPUTER, Jan. 87 issue, called "Applications
of the Connection Machine". Detailed?? No, but very enlightening.
--
-----
george aguiar	< UUCP: necis!geo >