[comp.arch] Performance of LISP machines

eugene@pioneer.arpa (Eugene Miya N.) (05/20/87)

In article <28200036@ccvaxa> Scott writes:

>I agree strongly with the need for more, and more representative,
>benchmarks.  One of the nice things about the Lisp world is having
>a relatively standard set of benchmarks to talk about in comparing
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^? Oh yeah?
>machines (though even there there are so many things not specified that
>there is still romm to argue about whether your numbers are comparable).
>
>--
>scott preece
>gould/csd - urbana
>uucp:	ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!preece
>arpa:	preece@gswd-vms

B*S*

Too arbitrary.
The same goes for benchmarking non-LISP workstations.

From the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:

--eugene miya
  NASA Ames Research Center
  eugene@ames-aurora.ARPA
  "Send mail, avoid follow-ups.  If enough, I'll summarize."
  {hplabs,hao,ihnp4,decwrl,allegra,tektronix,menlo70}!ames!aurora!eugene