[comp.arch] More benchmark numbers wanted for Performance Brief

mash@mips.UUCP (John Mashey) (07/01/87)

It's getting time for another MIPS Performance Brief in a few weeks.
Once again, I'm looking for numbers: please reply by mail; I'll post
included ones.

Dhrystones
	Any numbers over 20,000. [rick, when's next report?]
	(of course, send to rick also, but I may do this before the
	next official one).

Whetstones:
	Any numbers over 7 MegaWhets (DP), 9 MegaWhets (SP).
	Apollo DN4000
	Convex C-1
	Alliant FX/?
	Gould NP1
	Multiflow

DoDuc:
	Anything with an "R factor" in range 160-200 not otherwise
	reported in DoDUc's latest list.
	Convex
	Gould NP1

Thanx in advance.  ALso, I'd be glad to look at corrections on the
last round.
UUCP: 	{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!mips!mash  OR  mash@mips.com
DDD:  	408-991-0253 or 408-720-1700, x253

rick@pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) (07/02/87)

In article <491@winchester.UUCP>, mash@mips.UUCP (John Mashey) writes:
> Once again, I'm looking for numbers: please reply by mail; I'll post
> included ones.
>
> Dhrystones
> 	Any numbers over 20,000. [rick, when's next report?]
> 	(of course, send to rick also, but I may do this before the
> 	next official one).

I'll take any honest numbers over 5000, for the 'official' report.  There's
way too many PC's and friends in the report as it is.

The next report will be coming out at the very end of July, after I return
from my honeymoon.  The Dhrystone report is only as good as the results
YOU out there in comp.arch-land submit.  So while I'm away basting myself
on some of that fine Hawaiian Silicon how about it if the rest of you people
go find some nice piece of Silicon laying around your labs and measure
it for me?

My address has changed, the old paths thru AT&T don't work anymore,
so here it is again:

	seismo!uunet!pcrat!rick

Try to get the results here by July 27th.  I'l send the report out on
July 31st.
--
	Rick Richardson, President, PC Research, Inc.
(201) 542-3734 (voice, nights)   OR   (201) 834-1378 (voice, days)