[comp.arch] PDP-11/55's still running strong

anneser@pwa-b.UUCP (Dean Anneser) (10/29/87)

We have 7 of these beasties, and they're still running strong.  The memory
configuration is 0-32kw bipolar, and 32-124kw bipolar.  We keep the time-
critical code in the bipolar.  DEC has never produced a faster PDP-11.
We have benchmarked and are currently using the 11/73, 11/83, and 11/84,
and the 11/55 will still run circles around them.  And, with the use of
a bus converter, it is possible to use newer, and less expensive QBUS
interfaces on these systems.

If anyone is about to get toss an 11/55, let me know.  I'll jump in my
truck, and haul it away for you.

Cheers !

--
Dean W. Anneser
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft

anneser@pwa-b.UUCP (Dean Anneser) (11/02/87)

In article <143@pwa-b.UUCP>, anneser@pwa-b.UUCP (Dean Anneser) writes:
> We have 7 of these beasties, and they're still running strong.  The memory
> configuration is 0-32kw bipolar, and 32-124kw bipolar.  We keep the time-
                                                ^^^^^^^
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhh !                   |

Sorry folks, this should of read MOS !            MOS