[comp.arch] Commercial MIPS-X

aw@duke.cs.duke.edu (Angus Wang) (03/31/88)

I have been trying to find information on the COMMERCIAL implementation
of the MIPS-X machine but everything I've found so far has been about
the Stanford MIPS-X machine or if lucky a paragraph on the commercial
implementation.

Does anyone know of a good reference about it?
Please e-mail any suggestions.  Thanks......

Dept of Computer Science, Duke University, Durham, NC 27706
UUCP :	{ihnp4, decvax}!duke!aw
CSNET:	aw@duke
ARPA :	aw@cs.duke.edu

mash@mips.COM (John Mashey) (03/31/88)

In article <11444@duke.cs.duke.edu> aw@duke.cs.duke.edu (Angus Wang) writes:
>I have been trying to find information on the COMMERCIAL implementation
>of the MIPS-X machine but everything I've found so far has been about
>the Stanford MIPS-X machine or if lucky a paragraph on the commercial
>implementation.

Stanford MIPS and MIPS-X, as far as I know, do not have COMMERCIAL
implementations, although maybe somebody has licensed the latter
from Stanford.  We [MIPS Computer Systems] licensed the former,
although our R2000 & R3000 resemble the original MIPS in only a few
ways, as they are more like IBM 801s or HP PA at the instruction-set
level.  MIPS-X is also a different architecture.
UUCP: 	{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!mash  OR  mash@mips.com
DDD:  	408-991-0253 or 408-720-1700, x253

stark@decwrl.dec.com (Don Stark) (04/01/88)

In article <11444@duke.cs.duke.edu> aw@duke.cs.duke.edu (Angus Wang) writes:
>I have been trying to find information on the COMMERCIAL implementation
>of the MIPS-X machine but everything I've found so far has been about
>the Stanford MIPS-X machine or if lucky a paragraph on the commercial
>implementation.

There is no commercial implementation of MIPS-X planned, but all reasonable
offers will be considered :-)  ...

Don Stark
Stanford University
stark@bill-the-cat.stanford.edu