[comp.arch] GATT declares U.S. - Japan chip pac

aglew@urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM (04/07/88)

>Another secret weapon is the 3% ceiling on "defense" spending in Japan...while
>the US has been busy arming Iran, etc. etc.

Pressure is growing to let Japan rearm, and pay its "share" of Western
defence. How many generations before a rearmed Japan considers
military adventurism again?

wtr@moss.ATT.COM (04/10/88)

In article <28200130@urbsdc>, aglew@urbsdc.Urbana.Gould.COM writes:

> Pressure is growing to let Japan rearm, and pay its "share" of Western
> defence. How many generations before a rearmed Japan considers
> military adventurism again?

GAWD! and how many generations has this GLORIOUS nation of ours
already been in the business of 'The Great Military Adventure' ?
(Iran, Persian Gulf, Grenada, Nicaragua(sp?), Major 'Police Actions'?)

( uncle ronnie:
( "lesssee, japan, it's an island, kind like granada, right?
( "we'll go in and save those hundreds of innocent IBM execs
( "from torture at the hands of the evil jap empire!
( "having a military is useless unless you can
( "be a senseless bully, right?"
:-)

Face it, there's competition out there, and for once, we're not the
big kid on the block!  If you don't think you can compete with an
equal opponent and find you can't deal with it, go screem to mommy
for help and go bury your head in the sand!  Others of us find it
a challange, and will try to face it, not by hiding behind
mommy's skirts!!!

appologies about posting here, but it's the only place
that i could find this article.  Let's take this to talk.politics
where it can really be talked to death ;-)

ps. I drive a ford, and love it :-)

Bill Rankin
Bell Labs, Whippany NJ
(201) 386-4154 (cornet 232)

email address:		...![ ihnp4 ulysses cbosgd allegra ]!moss!wtr
			...![ ihnp4 cbosgd akgua watmath  ]!clyde!wtr