[comp.arch] Inappropreate??? Why?

cory@gloom.UUCP (Cory Kempf) (10/20/88)

In article <8453@mhuxu.UUCP>, jmj@mhuxu.UUCP (J. M. Johnson) writes:

> Why do people insist on continuously posting to inappropriate newsgroups.
> Please take all this discussion about this NeXT crap to 'alt.next' where
> it belongs.

Here is a copy of the Newsgroups: line:
]Newsgroups: comp.sys.misc,comp.os.misc,comp.misc,comp.arch

and here are the lines describing each of those newsgroups:

comp.sys.misc		Discussion about computers of all kinds.
comp.os.misc		General OS-oriented discussion not carried elsewhere.
comp.misc		General topics about computers not covered elsewhere.
comp.arch		Computer architecture.

Currently, there is no "comp.sys.next", or similar mainstram
newsgroup.  If a site is not participating in the alt-net, there
is no group specifically for the NeXT.

I think that J. M. Johnson either owes the net an apology or an
explanation as to how discussion of the NeXT computer, it's
architecture and it's OS are in appropriate to these newsgroups.

--
Cory Kempf
UUCP: {decvax, bu-cs}!encore!gloom!cory

johnwe (John Weber, Celtic sysmom) (10/21/88)

In comp.arch, cory@gloom.UUCP (Cory Kempf) discourses on Inappropreate???  Why?  (In Re: NeXT), thusly:
% In article <8453@mhuxu.UUCP>, jmj@mhuxu.UUCP (J. M. Johnson) writes:
% >
% > Why do people insist on continuously posting to inappropriate newsgroups.
% > Please take all this discussion about this NeXT crap to 'alt.next' where
% > it belongs.
%
% Here is a copy of the Newsgroups: line:
% ]Newsgroups: comp.sys.misc,comp.os.misc,comp.misc,comp.arch
<...>

% comp.arch		Computer architecture.

% I think that J. M. Johnson either owes the net an apology or an
% explanation as to how discussion of the NeXT computer, it's
% architecture and it's OS are in appropriate to these newsgroups.

(Creaaaakkkk...  Damn, this thing is getting stiff!  strap, click.
 Hisssss...  Pop!  Fooosh...)

	I'm not Mr. Johnson, but I feel that this has gone on long
	enough.  The tone of this group has been that of a discussion
	about various aspects of system design and performance.  The
	incessant babble about what Jobs did right or wrong is
	beginning to grate on my nerves.  This is not the correct
	forum for these types of discussion.  Please take this to
	comp.sys.misc (where I have directed follow ups).  The
	natrue of that group is far more suited to this class of
	discussion.

(squeek, drip, drip...  Damn, I hate flamethrowers which don't shut
 off cleanly).

% Cory Kempf
% UUCP: {decvax, bu-cs}!encore!gloom!cory
% revised reality... available at a dealer near you.

--

"In the fields of Hell,               John Weber, ...!uunet!sco!johnwe
 where the grass grows high,              @ucscc.ucsc.EDU:johnwe@sco.COM

 Any opinions expressed are my own, and bear no relationship to those
 of my employers, to the best of my knowlege.