[comp.arch] NeXT articles don't belong in comp.sys.misc

werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (10/16/88)

In article <8453@mhuxu.UUCP>, jmj@mhuxu.UUCP (J. M. Johnson) writes:

> Why do people insist on continuously posting to inappropriate newsgroups.
> Please take all this discussion about this NeXT crap to 'alt.next' where
> it belongs.

	"crap, yourself, bozo"  (yes, I have lost my composure now)
	alt.whatever is not the place to discuss computer hard/software
	*.misc groups, in contrast, were created EXACTLY for the purpose
	of discussing machines/topics which do not have their private group.

	BTW, have you voted to create comp.sys.mac yet?  or better yet,
	collect NEXT-news-articles and send them to your nearest (former)
	net-god...

--
--------------------> PREFERED-RETURN-ADDRESS-FOLLOWS <---------------------
(ARPA)	    werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu   (Internet: 128.83.144.1)

rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) (10/17/88)

In article <3258@utastro.UUCP> werner@utastro.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) writes:
>In article <8453@mhuxu.UUCP>, jmj@mhuxu.UUCP (J. M. Johnson) writes:
>
>> Why do people insist on continuously posting to inappropriate newsgroups.
>> Please take all this discussion about this NeXT crap to 'alt.next' where
>> it belongs.
>
>	"crap, yourself, bozo"  (yes, I have lost my composure now)
>	alt.whatever is not the place to discuss computer hard/software
>	*.misc groups, in contrast, were created EXACTLY for the purpose
>	of discussing machines/topics which do not have their private group.
>                                                             ^^^^^^^

     alt.next is currently the private group for the NeXT.  Please only
post to that group.  If you do not recieve alt groups, perhaps it is
time to have a talk with your sysadmin.
					--Rob.

Robert Silvers.                               Bush for President.
Box #1003 University of Lowell.
Lowell Ma, 01854

spectre@mit-vax.LCS.MIT.EDU (Joseph D. Morrison) (10/25/88)

In article <9674@swan.ulowell.edu> rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) writes:

>     alt.next is currently the private group for the NeXT.  Please only
>post to that group.  If you do not recieve alt groups, perhaps it is
>time to have a talk with your sysadmin.
>					--Rob.

Why alt.next???? Why not comp.sys.next? Some of us don't receive alt groups
for a good reason: we don't have huge amounts of disk space, and we have to
cut back somewhere, and alt groups are the first groups that go.

This NeXT discussion is about technical aspects of a new computer and I
think it belongs in comp.sys.next. Am I missing something?

        Joe Morrison
--
MIT Laboratory for Computer Science     UUCP: ...!mit-eddie!vx!spectre
545 Technology Square, NE43-425         ARPA: spectre@vx.lcs.mit.edu

rsilvers@hawk.ulowell.edu (Robert Silvers) (10/25/88)

>>     alt.next is currently the private group for the NeXT.  Please only
>>post to that group.  If you do not recieve alt groups, perhaps it is
>>time to have a talk with your sysadmin.
>>					--Rob.
>
>Why alt.next???? Why not comp.sys.next? Some of us don't receive alt groups
>for a good reason: we don't have huge amounts of disk space, and we have to
>cut back somewhere, and alt groups are the first groups that go.
>
>        Joe Morrison

Sorry for the mixup.  When I posted that, there was no comp.sys.misc.
It was formed the next day, and some people got my message after
comp.sys.next reached their site.  I also did not realize that so many
people did not get alts.  Please dont waste any more bandwith on this
subject.  Comp.sys.next is here and alt.next is old news.