[comp.arch] 60 Megahertz microprocessor?

cl0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Chi-Chou Lin) (11/12/88)

According to the recent Communication ACM (Vol. 31, No. 10, Oct. 1988,
p.1173), the world fastest microprocessor is now in existence and clocks
in at over 60 Megahertz. Any one have more information of it? Thanks.

cl0@beach.cis.ufl.edu

rwa@auvax.uucp (Ross Alexander) (11/13/88)

In article <19070@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, cl0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Chi-Chou Lin)
writes: [...] the world fastest microprocessor is now in existence [...]

The world's fastest microprocessor has existed for _years_ ;-), ever since the
orginal Busicomm chipset fabricated by Intel.  It's just not always the same
chipset; it changes.  Smile, gentle readers.

	Ross

hhd0@bunny.UUCP (Horace Dediu) (11/14/88)

In article <19070@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU>, cl0@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Chi-Chou Lin) writes:

> According to the recent Communication ACM (Vol. 31, No. 10, Oct. 1988,
> p.1173), the world fastest microprocessor is now in existence and clocks
> in at over 60 Megahertz. Any one have more information of it? Thanks.
>
> cl0@beach.cis.ufl.edu

I believe it's made by McDonnell Douglas, with DoD funding for SDI research.
I don't have any details, hence I'm also curious.

hhd0@gte.com