[comp.arch] Paranoia benchmark

meissner@tiktok.dg.com (Michael Meissner) (01/23/89)

I have been asked by DG management to find the Paranoia floating point
benchmark.  Does anybody have any pointers where it is?  Either
anonymous FTP (prefered), UUCP, or regular email is prefered.  Thanks
in advance.
Michael Meissner, Data General.

Uucp:	...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!meissner
Arpa:	meissner@dg-rtp.DG.COM   (or) meissner%dg-rtp.DG.COM@relay.cs.net

meissner@xyzzy.UUCP (Michael Meissner) (01/23/89)

Sorry about the duplicate postings -- we just switched to NNTP and RRN,
and obviously not all of the bugs are worked out yet.
--
Michael Meissner, Data General.

Uucp:	...!mcnc!rti!xyzzy!meissner
Arpa:	meissner@dg-rtp.DG.COM   (or) meissner%dg-rtp.DG.COM@relay.cs.net

dik@cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) (01/23/89)

For some reasons UUNET does not allow me to send mail to tiktok.dg.com
(unknown host in this domain is the error message), hence a followup.

In article <3014@xyzzy.UUCP> meissner@tiktok.dg.com (Michael Meissner) writes:
 > I have been asked by DG management to find the Paranoia floating point
 > benchmark.  Does anybody have any pointers where it is?  Either
 > anonymous FTP (prefered), UUCP, or regular email is prefered.  Thanks
 > in advance.
The netlib services at argonne and bell research have a Fortran
version, and I think also a C version.
To connect to those services send a one line message:
	send index
to either netlib@mcs.anl.gov or to netlib@research.att.com
They carry a whole lot of floating point stuff.
And no, they do not allow FTP or UUCP I believe.

It may also be available in the NBS benchmarking suite, but I am not sure,
nor do I know the address (but it works similar).
INTERNET   : dik@cwi.nl
BITNET/EARN: dik@mcvax