[comp.arch] Batter superlatives

dave@celerity.uucp (Dave Smith) (06/11/89)

In article <3934@eos.UUCP> eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:

>The only thing I ask:
>Just stop using the the prefix "super" like in supercomputer, superscalar,
>superconductor, superman, (and watch out for hyper and ultra, too. 8).

I agree with Eugene.  I am suggesting to our marketing department that all
the "super" prefixes being batted around be replaced with "bat" and "ultra"
with "fish".

Coming soon, the FPS Model 500 minibatcomputer with batconducting batscalar
co-processor and FishNet.  I like the sound of that!

(In case you have to be told, FPS rarely takes my opinions seriously and
can by no means be held responsible for them)
David L. Smith
FPS Computing, San Diego
ucsd!celerity!dave
"Repent, Harlequin!," said the TickTock Man

bron@bronze.wpd.sgi.com (Bron Campbell Nelson) (06/13/89)

In article <324@celit.UUCP>, dave@celerity.uucp (Dave Smith) writes:
> In article <3934@eos.UUCP> eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) writes:
> >The only thing I ask:
> >Just stop using the the prefix "super" like in supercomputer, superscalar,
>
> I agree with Eugene.  I am suggesting to our marketing department that all
> the "super" prefixes being batted around be replaced with "bat"

Personally, my favorite superlative is "vorpal" (like the sword).

--
Bron Campbell Nelson
bron@sgi.com  or possibly  ..!ames!sgi!bron