[comp.arch] Book on MIPS R3000?

roy@ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) (07/14/89)

Could someone e-mail me the title or publisher or phone number of the
source of MIPS R3000 information?  A nice programmer's manual or
hardware reference with the instruction set would be best.

Thanks,
John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92714
Internet: roy@ics.uci.edu

mash@mips.COM (John Mashey) (07/15/89)

In article <19556@paris.ics.uci.edu> roy@ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) writes:

>Could someone e-mail me the title or publisher or phone number of the
>source of MIPS R3000 information?  A nice programmer's manual or
>hardware reference with the instruction set would be best.
>
>Thanks,
>John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
>ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92714
>Internet: roy@ics.uci.edu

Prentice-Hall, "MIPS RISC Architecture", Gerry Kane.
In bookstores or orderable thru them.

(I post this, because I get an email a week....)
UUCP: 	{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!mash  OR  mash@mips.com
DDD:  	408-991-0253 or 408-720-1700, x253

bcase@cup.portal.com (Brian bcase Case) (07/17/89)

>>Could someone e-mail me the title or publisher or phone number of the
>>source of MIPS R3000 information?  A nice programmer's manual or
>>hardware reference with the instruction set would be best.
>
>Prentice-Hall, "MIPS RISC Architecture", Gerry Kane.
>In bookstores or orderable thru them.

The title is actually:  "mips _R2000_ RISC ARCHITECTURE" no?  However,
as I understand it, the *architectural* differences between the R3000
and R2000 are nil or very small.  The system-implementation implications
are indeed very different, though, as I understand it....