[comp.arch] data-flow

speyyety@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (sreeramamurty peyyety) (10/19/89)

Can anyone of U give me some info. about the Univs that are doing research
in data-flow arch. and data-flow programming other than
MIT,Stanford and Univ of Manchester?

roy@ics.uci.edu (John M.A. Roy) (10/19/89)

speyyety@umn-d-ub.D.UMN.EDU (sreeramamurty peyyety) writes:

>Can anyone of U give me some info. about the Univs that are doing research
>in data-flow arch. and data-flow programming other than
>MIT,Stanford and Univ of Manchester?

We are doing dataflow research here at UC, Irvine, the birthplace of
ID (Irvine Dataflow).  The major area is something called
Process-Oriented Dataflow Systems (PODS), these systems provide
variable granularity in order to match the parallelism in the program
to the contraints of the architecture.

John M.A. Roy (714) 856-5039
ICS Dept., Univ. Calif., Irvine CA 92717
Internet: roy@ics.uci.edu