[comp.arch] Acorn RISC Machine?

torbenm@diku.dk (Torben [gidius Mogensen) (02/22/90)

gregw@otc.otca.oz (Greg Wilkins) writes:

>I am looking for information on the Acorn RISC Machine.  It has been
>suggested for use as a realtime controller, and as I have not heard much
>about it, I am looking for general opinions, and experiences of people who
>have used it.

Prentice Hall publish the book:
	"VL86C010 32bit RISC MPU and Peripherals Users Manual"
	ISBN: 0-13-944968-X

The book has the datasheets for:
	VL86C010 - ARM
	VL86C110 - MEMC
	VL86C310 - VIDC
	VL86C410 - IOC

I own an Archimedes, which uses the chip-set in a general purpose
personal computer, but I haven't used it for any real-time work. The
design of the ARM makes interrupt handling very fast, so this would
seem to make it suitable. I have only seen the ARM from the software
viewpoint, so I have no details of signals and timings. (I haven't
read the book).

		Torben Mogensen (torbenm@diku.dk)