From:	GOV%"hjw%beta@LANL.GOV"      "Harvey Wasserman" 16-MAR-1990 12:01:02.94
Subj:	RISC SYSTEM/6000 BENCHMARK

Date:         Fri, 16 Mar 90 11:34:30 MST
Sender:       POWER-L IBM RS/6000 POWER Family <POWER-L@NDSUVM1>
From:         Harvey Wasserman <hjw%beta@LANL.GOV>
Subject:      RISC SYSTEM/6000 BENCHMARK

Members of the Computer Research Group at
Los Alamos National Laboratory have conducted
an extensive benchmark test of the IBM Risc System
series using a set of ANSI-standard Fortran
benchmark codes representing the scientific
workload of the Laboratory.  These codes have
been used extensively in evaluating
high-performance computers.

A copy of a report describing the results of the
benchmark will be available the week of March 19.
In addition to comparing three members of the Risc
System family amongst themselves, the report compares
the performance of the RS machines to two other
RISC-based systems, two mid-range vector computers,
and one high-end vector computer.

If you are interested in obtaining a copy, please
send e-mail to hjw@lanl.gov, INCLUDING YOUR POSTAL
(*NOT EMAIL*) ADDRESS.

Harvey Wasserman
(505) 667-2136

P.S.
If someone out there could post the above message
to comp.sys.arch, I would appreciate it.  I
don't know how to do this.  Thanks.

--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc
                                    CAMPBELL@NAUVAX.bitnet