[comp.arch] The Nth Generation

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (05/04/90)

In article <429@dg.dg.com> publius@dg-pag.webo.dg.com (Publius) writes:
>that the world is also full of digital watches.  Ware talking about the
>high end, high performance segment of the market.

High end high performance?
Oh, Data General is getting into GaAs or InP?

Silicon (in any form) has a lot of advantages, not purely as a semiconductor.
These are well documented.  But that should never mean we should not
study other media.

As far as the article goes, I saw it, it has a comment by Ed Feigenbaum,
so I take it with less credence.

--e. nobuo miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@eos.arc.nasa.gov
  {uunet,mailrus,most gateways}!ames!eugene
  Calling a VAX 11/780 a mainframe says a lot about a person.
  Using the name Feigenbaum says something about the user.