[comp.arch] SPEC Benchmarks

aburto@marlin.NOSC.MIL (Alfred A. Aburto) (07/06/89)

I am curious about the SPEC effort and benchmarks.  How can I get more
information about SPEC and the SPEC benchmarks.

Thanks very much for any help.

Al Aburto
aburto@marlin.nosc.mil.UUCP (Alfred A. Aburto)

eugene@eos.UUCP (Eugene Miya) (07/06/89)

Systems Performance Evaluation Cooperative
65 Washington St. #138
Santa Clara, CA 95050
(408)-452-0255

It is not for individuals; it is for corporate entities, but get the packet
and it will describe all.

Another gross generalization from

--eugene miya, NASA Ames Research Center, eugene@aurora.arc.nasa.gov
  resident cynic at the Rock of Ages Home for Retired Hackers:
  "If my mail does not reach you, please accept my apology."
  {ncar,decwrl,hplabs,uunet}!ames!eugene
  				Live free or die.

erik@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Erik Richter ALTMAN) (11/09/90)

I am interested in obtaining a copy of the 10 SPEC
benchmark programs.  Does anyone know where they
can be found or whom to contact to get them?

mark@mips.COM (Mark G. Johnson) (11/10/90)

In article <5521@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca> erik@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca (Erik Richter ALTMAN) writes:
   >I am interested in obtaining a copy of the 10 SPEC
   >benchmark programs.  Does anyone know where they
   >can be found or whom to contact to get them?

Have a look in the newsgroup "comp.benchmarks".

For example, the following article <5999@mace.cc.purdue.edu> is found there:

   $$jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com (Randell Jesup) writes:
   $$
   $$       How do you go about getting a copy of the spec source, etc?
   $
   $Contact:
   $
   $        SPEC
   $        c/o Waterside Associates
   $        39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy., Suite 350
   $        Fremont, CA 94358
   $        (415) 792-2901
--
 -- Mark Johnson
 	MIPS Computer Systems, 930 E. Arques M/S 2-02, Sunnyvale, CA 94086