[comp.arch] Horsepower Needed for MS-DOSREAD/NEW/FOLLOWUP

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (12/07/90)

In article <6879@uceng.UC.EDU>, dmocsny@minerva.che.uc.edu (Daniel Mocsny) writes:
> [...]
[Talk about using the horsepower the user can be assumed to have
 deleted]

> People will want to use this, even unsophisticated users, if it is
> designed and packaged intelligently.

And it is up to us to figure out (or invent) what this means and
bring some of this incredible power into the reach of the masses.

dan herrick
herrickd@astro.pc.ab.com

rcpieter@svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Tiggr) (12/08/90)

herrickd@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:

>And it is up to us to figure out (or invent) what this means and
>bring some of this incredible power into the reach of the masses.

The problem is that the technical people can produce whatever great
things they want; the masses will only buy what their neighbour buys
_or_ what the marketing creap tells them to buy _or_ what bears those
horrible three letters.

Proof: the technically great machine I'm using...

Tiggr