[comp.arch] Terraplex MISC

kaos@frey.nu.oz.au (Iain `Kaos' Holmes) (01/04/91)

I read recently in Byte Nov '90 about a processor called MISC from a company
called Terraplex the article said something about emmulating a 33Mhz '386
at 4 times the speed of the real thing and also emulations of R3000 , Sparc
and the 680x0 family.

			does anyone know anything about this ?

					thanks in advance,

							iain.

--

    Iain "Kaos" Holmes.     +---------+  Under Deadline pressure for last week.
 ACSnet :kaos@frey.nu.oz.au |   ~ ~   |  If you want something it can wait,

brando@uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu (Brandon Brown) (01/04/91)

kaos@frey.nu.oz.au (Iain `Kaos' Holmes) writes:

>I read recently in Byte Nov '90 about a processor called MISC from a company
>called Terraplex the article said something about emmulating a 33Mhz '386
>at 4 times the speed of the real thing and also emulations of R3000 , Sparc
>and the 680x0 family.

>			does anyone know anything about this ?

The company you are referring to is based here at Champaign, IL. It is called
Advanced Anayltics and Terraplex. The name of the president of the company is
Jeff Glickman, a really intelligent younger man in his early thirties. He is
never around the office, but I'm sure if you call the office at (217) 359 5888
someone would be happy to tell you what they are up to. I have many friend that
work over there, and I have seen a few of the "cool" things they are doing...

Good Luck!

Brando

xxremak@csduts1.lerc.nasa.gov (David A. Remaklus) (01/09/91)

In article <1991Jan4.042120.15311@frey.nu.oz.au> kaos@frey.nu.oz.au (Iain `Kaos' Holmes) writes:

>I read recently in Byte Nov '90 about a processor called MISC from a company
>called Terraplex the article said something about emmulating a 33Mhz '386
>at 4 times the speed of the real thing and also emulations of R3000 , Sparc
>and the 680x0 family.
>
>			does anyone know anything about this ?
>

>					thanks in advance,
>
>							iain.
>

>--
>
>    Iain "Kaos" Holmes.     +---------+  Under Deadline pressure for last week.
> ACSnet :kaos@frey.nu.oz.au |   ~ ~   |  If you want something it can wait,
>                            |  (o o)  |  Unless it's blind screaming

You can contact the company president by:

	mckinney@teraplex.com

He will be more that happy to provide you with the information you seek.

--
David A. Remaklus		   Currently at: NASA Lewis Research Center
Amdahl Corporation				 MS 142-4