[comp.arch] The Russians are coming

lovejoy@alc.com (Alan Lovejoy) (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan12.090835.3783@hq.demos.su> avg@hq.demos.su (Vadim Antonov) writes:
>Vadim Antonov
>DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
>
>PS. Being a general in F-19 simulator I cannot say I don't like MS-DOS :-)
>    I like this toybox, babe!

Zdravstvuytye!

I would like to know whether Vadim has an e-mail address?  For that matter,
what is the state of Internet/USENET connectivity with the Soyuz
Sovieticheskikh Sotsiyalichistikh Respublik ("U.S.S.R.").

Sorry to raise this in what is perhaps the wrong newsgroup, but the posting
that aroused my curiosity appeared here, and I'm not sure whom to ask, or
where.

Oh yeah, what's "DEMOS?"

--
 %%%% Alan Lovejoy %%%% | "Do not go gentle into that good night,
 % Ascent Logic Corp. % | Old age should burn and rave at the close of the day;

sandee@sun16.scri.fsu.edu (Daan Sandee) (01/18/91)

In article <505@holyoke.alc.com> lovejoy@alc.com (Alan Lovejoy) writes:
>In article <1991Jan12.090835.3783@hq.demos.su> avg@hq.demos.su (Vadim Antonov) writes:
>>Vadim Antonov
>>DEMOS, Moscow, USSR
>
>Zdravstvuytye!
>
>I would like to know whether Vadim has an e-mail address?  For that matter,
>what is the state of Internet/USENET connectivity with the Soyuz
>Sovieticheskikh Sotsiyalichistikh Respublik ("U.S.S.R.").

USSR has 38 sites using uucp, being fed by fuug.fi or funet.fi in
Finland (which is as far as Internet goes). You can get uumap/u.sun.1
by anonymous ftp from uunet.uu.net . Extract of which :
#N      demos demos.su hq.demos.su
#S      Twinhead S600/486; SCO XENIX 2.3.3
#O      Demos Co-operative
#C      Dmitry Volodin
#E      dvv@hq.demos.su
#T      +7 095 231 2129
#P      pod.1 d.6 Ovchinnikovskaya nab., SU-113035 Moscow, USSR
#L      37 35 E / 55 45 N city
#R      USSR EUnet backbone site
#W      ojala@fuug.fi 900813, dvv@dvv.hq.demos.su 901123
and 37 other sites.

>Sorry to raise this in what is perhaps the wrong newsgroup, but the posting
>that aroused my curiosity appeared here, and I'm not sure whom to ask, or
>where.
Try comp.unix.misc, to which I have directed followups, or some networking
group.

>Oh yeah, what's "DEMOS?"
Vadim explained it once on the net but I forget.

>--
> %%%% Alan Lovejoy %%%% | "Do not go gentle into that good night,
> % Ascent Logic Corp. % | Old age should burn and rave at the close of the day;
> UUCP:  lovejoy@alc.com | Rage, rage at the dying of the light!" -- Dylan Thomas

Daan Sandee                                           sandee@sun16.scri.fsu.edu
Supercomputer Computations Research Institute
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306-4052  (904) 644-7045