[comp.arch] Forth Microprocessors

pepers@enme1.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) (02/14/91)

I'm doing a paper on Forth Microprocessors and am looking for references and
info on them. I know about the Novix line and a Navy prototype chip but I
don't have much for details. Any current developments in the area? Any other
chips besides the ones I just mentioned? Anyone know the address to send
away for detailed info on any Forth microprocessors?

Thanks for any help!

  Brad Pepers (pepers@enme.ucalgary.ca or pepers@cpsc.ucalgary.ca)

Nick_Janow@mindlink.UUCP (Nick Janow) (02/15/91)

pepers@enme1.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) writes:

> I'm doing a paper on Forth Microprocessors and am looking for references and
> info on them. I know about the Novix line and a Navy prototype chip but I
> don't have much for details. Any current developments in the area? Any other
> chips besides the ones I just mentioned? Anyone know the address to send away
> for detailed info on any Forth microprocessors?

I suggest you join com.lang.forth and ask your question there.  The designers
of some of the Forth chips are there and you can get the current information
from them.

Other Forth (or related) chips:  the RTX series (development cancelled); the
Motorola 68HC11 (with Forth in ROM);  the SC32 chip; there's a new European
4-bit Forth processor for embedded systems; there's ShBoom (wierd name, but a
fast chip.  See Byte, Nov 90, p 346).