[comp.arch] Interrupt handler for the i860

dik@cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) (05/21/91)

In article <1530@fang.dsto.oz> jdy@itd.dsto.oz writes:
 > There have been quite a few posts on the complexity of the state-saving and
 > restoring code that needs to be put in the interrupt handler. Since this
 > particular code is just about essential for i860 sysprogs, and is almost
 > hardware independant, is there any reason why it should not be put in the
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Eh?
 > public domain? Are people so cheesed off after having written such code
 > that they cannot bear the thought of just giving it away for free?

Look in the Programmer's Reference Manual, pages 7-10 to 7-12.
dik@cwi.nl

bobeson@saturn.ucsc.edu (Robert Ellefson) (05/22/91)

In article <3564@charon.cwi.nl> dik@cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) writes:
>In article <1530@fang.dsto.oz> jdy@itd.dsto.oz writes:
> > There have been quite a few posts on the complexity of the state-saving and
> > restoring code that needs to be put in the interrupt handler. Since this
> > particular code is just about essential for i860 sysprogs, and is almost
> > hardware independant, is there any reason why it should not be put in the
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Eh?
> > public domain? Are people so cheesed off after having written such code
> > that they cannot bear the thought of just giving it away for free?
> >
>Look in the Programmer's Reference Manual, pages 7-10 to 7-12.
>--
>dik t. winter, cwi, amsterdam, nederland
>dik@cwi.nl

I'm not sure if it's actually in the public domain, but Intel mailed
me a copy of an i860 interrupt handler without any problems. Try calling
the MAS 860 hotline at (408) 765-4444, and they will be able to help,
if the group still exists. They are located in Santa Clara, California, BTW.
If you are developing on the i860, these are folks you want to keep
in touch with. They were really nice to me.

-Bob Ellefson
(408) 459-3224
bobeson@spica.ucsc.edu

jim@shograf.com (jim morris) (05/22/91)

I believe Intel will make it available to anyone who asks for it...
At least they gave it to me!!!

--
Jim Morris,	E-Mail: jim@shograf.com    Voice: (415) 903-3887
  _