[sci.bio] Resealing & Tubiflex Worms

In article <24387@bbn.COM> emiller@bbn.com (ethan miller) writes:
>After hearing all these terrible stories about tubifex worms,
>I'd like to know if this applies to live tubifex worms only, or
>does it also apply to freeze-dried tubifex worms?  I've fed
>freeze-dried worms for quite a while, and (I think) never had
>any problems from them.

Freeze dried worms are supposed to be safe; this is borne
out by my experience.

But arnt some "bugs" impervious to cold and vacuum ?

--
               noalias went. it really wasn't negotiable
richard@gryphon.CTS.COM                          rutgers!marque!gryphon!richard

gary@grc.UUCP (Gary Sutcliffe) (05/12/88)

In article <3966@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>In article <24387@bbn.COM> emiller@bbn.com (ethan miller) writes:
>>After hearing all these terrible stories about tubifex worms,
>>I'd like to know if this applies to live tubifex worms only, or
>>does it also apply to freeze-dried tubifex worms?
>
>Freeze dried worms are supposed to be safe; this is borne
>out by my experience.
>
>But arnt some "bugs" impervious to cold and vacuum ?

I have never had problems with them either.  I have heard that freeze drying
is one method used to  store some forms of viruses.

--
Gary Sutcliffe  (414) 644-8700
GENROCO, Inc.  Slinger, Wis.