From: krogers@esunix.UUCP (Keith Rogers)
Subject: Botany book recommendations?

>Do you have any recommendations for a beginning botany text
book?  I'm looking for something I can order one of which
discusses taxonomy, morphology, and physiology.

Schmidling says:

Botany texts are legion and for basics, any one will do.

A very useful book to help struggle through the vocabulary
and taxonomy is :
                    "HOW TO IDENTIFY PLANTS"
                     by: Harrington and Durrell

It was published by: The Swallow Press Inc
                     1139 S Wabash Ave
                     Chicago 60605

It is an excellent book with thousands of drawings
explaining the complicated vocabulary of botany.

Jack Schmidling (arf)