[sci.bio] Insect control

vernak@tekcrl.LABS.TEK.COM (Verna Knapp) (08/15/89)

In article <cYkrBjy00UzxM201Nt@andrew.cmu.edu> lw0y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Laurie Walz) writes:
>Anybody out there who is familiar with those electronic
>insect repellants that send out a high-frequency sound that
>is iritating to insects (like roaches)?  Do they really
>work?  Sounds too good to be true.
>
>Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I was one of a large number of cattery owners who bought these devices for
flea control. They do not work. What is worse, people living in the same
houses with the devices become irritable. They have the potential for
instigating family discord, divorces, and other undesirable side effects.

This is not just my opinion, but a consensus opinion of about a half dozen
families.

Verna Knapp
vernak@tekchips.LABS.TEK.COM

lw0y+@andrew.cmu.edu (Laurie Walz) (08/16/89)