[sci.bio] Forrest Mimms...may have been fired by Scientific American

Neil.Davis@f6.n2001.z1.onebdos.UUCP (Neil Davis) (03/10/91)

 >  > pauls@tellabs.com (Paul Silver) writes:
 >  >
 >  > >Scientific American fired Forrest Mimms because having someone who
 >  > >believed in creationism as a member of their staff would cause the
 >  > >magazine to lose its reputation...
 >  > ...
 >  > Was he fired?  It was my understanding that he wasn't hired - which
 >  > is a little different.
 > I know nothing of the truth of the above,however,
 >
 > Forrest MIMS,III is alive,and active.
 >
 > He is the editor of a new magazine,SCIENCE PROBE !
 > The Amateur Scientist's Journal yesterday.
 >
 > As of the second edition,he also appears to be the author of about
 > ten percent of its' content.
 >
 > I'll refrain from reviewing the magazine....and in case anyone should
 > imply anything from that statement,don't....every man to his own.

      I've just read the incoming mail on this subject and am astounded by the

its content before replying with ill considered invective ?

      Please....correct me if I am incorrect....I do not have the original

messages saved and so cannot be certain....but I do not recall anyone

stating catergorically that this man was fired [ until the message was

quoted in part in a reply ],only that it was their believe.Could someone

confirm that he was fired,and if so the reason ? before we start another war.

      Go in peace.

--- FD 1.99c
 * Origin: The Southdog Voyage, Vancouver Island, British Columbia (1:2001/6)

--
        Neil Davis - via IMEx node 89:681/1
        Neil.Davis@f6.n2001.z1.onebdos.UUCP