[sci.bio] Evolution vs Genes

Kirk.Reeves@f450.n101.z1.fidonet.org (Kirk Reeves) (06/24/91)

Recently on the Donuhue show, I saw this bioliogist claim Orietinal are smarter
than whites, whites are smarter then blacks, but Black have a bigger sex drive.
Being black, I totally disagreed with this man.  I was  wondering since the
people here are scienists (real scienists) if the question of evolution vs genes
has been quoted: Solved.
The best answer (and the fairest) was a book written in 1980? called the
Genesisactor.  What I was wondering is amont bioliogists, has that book and the
theories (It not genes or evolutions it just your Basic better man)
has been disputed.  THank you

--
Kirk Reeves
Internet: Kirk.Reeves@f450.n101.z1.fidonet.org

kyee@bnlux1.bnl.gov (kenton yee) (06/25/91)

In article <3494.28656C72@ofa123.fidonet.org> Kirk.Reeves@f450.n101.z1.fidonet.org (Kirk Reeves) writes:
>... I saw this bioliogist claim Orietinal are smarter
>than whites, whites are smarter then blacks, but Black have a bigger
>sex drive.  Being black, I totally disagreed with this man.
>I was  wondering since the
>people here are scienists
>(real scienists) if the question of evolution vs genes
>has been quoted: Solved.

 hah!  the people in this newsgroup couldn't tell me if chimps were
  smarter than dolphins or not, so how're they gonna differentiate
  between humans?!

  but serious, i saw on the scientific american program on pbs
  this experiment:  a baby chimp(?) right after birth was separated
  from a nervous mother and was placed with a foster mother with
  a calm, nurturing personality.  after a while, the chimp visibly
  became more calm, more inquisitive, and had a more outward
  personality.  part of the experiment was to stress the baby
  chimp to see if he reverts to his original personality--- he
  did.  so, apparently, learnt behavior only carries you so far.
   don't know if this has *anything* to do with your question, but
  this experiment struck me as interesting...