[sci.bio] bionet -- how do I contact?

kell@cs.albany.edu (Brian A. Kell) (06/26/91)

I have heard of "bionet", but I know little about it.  Is it a
newsgroup? (if so, our news server doesn't carry it.)  Or is it a
mailing list?  If it's available as a mailing list, who do I contact
to subscribe?  Are there multiple topics available?

It's probably best to send me e-mail and save the net bandwidth.
I'll summarize on the net for others who may also be wondering...

Thanks in advance,
Brian Kell                                            SUNY/Albany
          Departments of Computer Science and Biological Sciences
brian@isadora.albany.edu                   BK7295@ALBNYVMS.BITNET

Well, thanks to ouellett@whistler.sfu.ca (Francis Ouellette), I now
have all the information I need, in the form of a comprehensive
document describing the bionet newsgroups/mailinglists written by Dave
Kristofferson of GenBank.  If anyone else is interested, I would be
glad to forward along a copy of this document.

Thanks to all who responded.

brian