[net.mail.headers] Strange Message

bbanerje@sjuvax.UUCP (02/21/84)

My apologies if this is in the wrong Newsgroup.  Anyhow, the
following in its entirety is a message I received  in the Mail.
Apparently a message I had posted to net.unix didn't make the
jump over to the ARPA-NET.

QUESTIONS - Is this due to one of the Hosts being dead, or is
this a usual occurence?  I'm only on the UUCP network.

	  - The body of my article didn't come back with the header.
Does this mean that it didn't make it out? Or does this mean that the
software only mails back Headers.

Any and all answers gratefully received.

			Binayak Banerjee
{ allegra | astrovax | bpa | burdvax}!sjuvax!bbanerje
Date: Tue 14 Feb 84 08:20:05-EST
From: The Mailer Daemon <ulysses!ucbvax!Mailer@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
To: harpo!eagle!mhuxl!ulysses!burl!clyde!akgua!psuvax!burdvax!sjuvax!bbanerje@BERKELEY.ARPA
Subject: Message of 14-Feb-84 08:19:35

Message undelivered after 0 days -- will try for another 0 days:
BBoard.Unix-Wizard@Tartan.TARTAN: Cannot connect to host.
	    ------------
Date: 6 Feb 84 17:05:26-PST (Mon)
To: info-unix@brl-vgr
From:  harpo!eagle!mhuxl!ulysses!burl!clyde!akgua!psuvax!burdvax!sjuvax!bbanerje@ucb-vax
Subject: Re: Area-code as uucp domains

-------

--

				Binayak Banerjee
		{allegra | astrovax | bpa | burdvax}!sjuvax!bbanerje

Rudy.Nedved@CMU-CS-A.ARPA (02/22/84)

It is a warning message from CMU-CS-C trying to send mail off of the
ARPANET to a host on a serial line called TARTAN. The warning
messages about unable to deliver mail contains ONLY the header and
not the body of the message.  The message has either been delivered
or is still pending to be delivered.

I would think it would be better to send a message to Postmaster@BRL
thru some common uucp address then it would be to broadcast this type
of thing to the entire header-people mailing list.

Rudy Nedved
A CMU Postmaster