Date:     13 Apr 84 21:27:25-PST (Fri)
From:     MEMO SERVICE (MMDF) <mmdf%ucsc.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
Subject:  Waiting mail
To:       FURUTA@washington.arpa

    After -112 days, your message has not yet been fully delivered.
Mail is not returned until it is in the queue for at least 11 days.

    Delivery attempts are still pending for the following address(es):

	laser

    This usually is due to service interruptions at the
receiving machine.  Less often, there are problems with the
communications system.

    Your message begins as follows:

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 84 16:21:25 cst
From: Dave Cohrs <dave%wisc-rsch.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet>
To: laser-lovers%washington.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet
Subject: ln01 fonts and programs available
ReSent-date: Thu 12 Apr 84 15:04:27-PST
ReSent-from: Richard Furuta <Furuta%washington.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet>
ReSent-to: "Laser Lovers": ;
Via:  rand-relay; 5 Aug 84 15:44-PDT

ditroff filter, versatec ==> ln01 font conversion (and support programs)
available from University of Wisconsin Computer Science Dept.
-------

long@BBN-UNIX.ARPA (Daniel Long) (04/14/84)

This one is fairly straightforward.  MMDF returns mail after it has been queued
for some amount of time.  Things get interesting when someone sets the system
date far ahead of the present.  Note the date on the Via: line.

Date: Thu, 12 Apr 84 16:21:25 cst
From: Dave Cohrs <dave%wisc-rsch.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet>
To: laser-lovers%washington.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet
ReSent-date: Thu 12 Apr 84 15:04:27-PST
ReSent-from: Richard Furuta <Furuta%washington.arpa@csnet-relay.csnet>
ReSent-to: "Laser Lovers": ;
Via:  rand-relay; 5 Aug 84 15:44-PDT

Here's March's entry in the contest:

Date:     Tue, 13 Mar 84 6:58:04 EST
From:     CSNET-RELAY Memo Service (MMDF) <mmdf@CSNET-RELAY>
To:       chris%umcp-cs@Csnet-Relay.ARPA
Via:  CSNet-Relay; 13 Mar 84 22:51-EDT

    After 9 days (194 hours), your message has not yet been
fully delivered.  Attempts to deliver the message will continue
for 178956969 more days.  No further action is required by you.

    Delivery attempts are still pending for the following address(es):

	eggert @ Ucsb (queue: ucsb)

    Problems usually are due to service interruptions at the receiving
machine.  Less often, they are caused by the communication system.

			-- Dan