[net.mail.headers] Slight problem at mddc?

jr@fortune.UUCP (John A. Rogers) (04/22/84)

Hi.  I got the following mail message today.  It seems to me that the
first "From:" line is wrong.  Is it?  Should someone (I assume "mddc")
fix their mail software?  I think they're running 4.2BSD, from which I
conclude that they're probably running sendmail.

> Date: Saturday, 21 Apr 1984 14:23-PST
> From: cbosgd!mddc.UUCP!wap
> Date: Fri, 20 Apr 84 12:13:38 est
> From: cbosgd!mddc!wap (Bill Parrette)
> To: cbosgd!fortune!jr

The path was mddc -> cbosgd -> fortune; I assume cbosgd is doing the
right thing (Mark Horton seems to know his stuff), and I think fortune
is also correct (Mark Stein is a little newer at it, though).  (P.S. If
it makes any difference, I'm running the Rand MH mailer, using sendmail
to do the real work, and I think mddc uses Berkeley Mail).

This may not be earth shattering, I realize; I'm just trying to
help.  (I'm still new to a lot of this stuff).

				Thanks...
--
				JR (John Rogers)
				UUCP: {ihnp4,cbosgd,ucbvax!amd70}fortune!jr

fair@dual.UUCP (Erik E. Fair) (04/22/84)

This is actually Mark Horton's doing. He's trying out some routing
software that will act inivisibly, provided that you use the
return path provided and don't try to optimize...

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucb-arpa.ARPA

	dual!fair@Berkeley.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California