From: Terry West <terry@rand-unix>
Date: 29 Oct 84 11:14:11 PST (Mon)
To: postmaster@mit-mc
Cc: guyton@rand-unix, terry@rand-unix
Subject: Mail Problem

Hi,
   Last night we had a problem with a msg from your site that caused
our SMTP server (sendmail) to loop.  The problem appears to be a bogus
MAIL FROM line "<Eliot Moore <Elmo@Mit-MC>@MIT-MC>".  This morning
I changed the config file to prevent the loop, and successfully
received the problem msg.  If this msg is being sent to any other
sites running sendmail, I'd suspect they're also having problems.
Here's an extract from our log file.

P347
T467924367
DdfAA15710
S<Eliot Moore <Elmo@Mit-MC>@MIT-MC>
Rwescourt@isi
H?P?return-path: <Elmo@Mit-MC>
Hreceived: from mit-mc.arpa by rand-unix.ARPA; Mon, 29 Oct 84 10:59:27 pst
H?x?full-name:
H?M?message-id: <8410291859.AA15710@rand-unix.ARPA>
Hdate: 28 October 1984 04:12-EDT
HFrom: Eliot Moore <Elmo@Mit-MC>