From tektronix!uw-beaver!cornell!vax135!floyd!harpo!seismo!hao!hplabs!sri-unix!AIList-REQUEST@SRI-AI Sun May 15 19:33:00 1983
Subject: AIList Digest   V1 #4
Newsgroups: net.ai

From:  AIList (Kenneth Laws, Moderator) <AIList-REQUEST@SRI-AI>

AIList Digest            Monday, 16 May 1983        Volume 1 : Issue 4

Today's Topics:
  <other topics edited out - brucec>
  Loglan

Date: 11 May 1983 19:10 EDT
From: Stephen G. Rowley <SGR @ MIT-MC>
Subject: Artificial languages

Since people seem to be interested in artificial languages and the
Whorfian hypothesis, some words about Loglan might be interesting.
(If that's what started the discussion and I missed it, apologies to
all...)

Loglan is a language invented by J. Brown in the mid-50's to test the
Whorfian hypothesis with a radically different language.  It's got a
simple grammar believed to be utterly unambiguous, a syntax based on
predicate calculus, and morpholgy that tells you what "part of speech"
(to stretch a term) a word is from its vowel-consonant pattern.

Of the 14 non-vacuous logical connectives, all are pronounceable in
one syllable.  By comparison, English Dances about a LOT to say some
of them.

There are some books about it, and even a couple of regular journals.
Once upon a time, there was a Loglan mailing list here at MIT, but it
died of lack of interest.

        -SGR

------------------------------

[Here is further info on Loglan culled from Human-Nets. -- KIL]

Date: 11 Dec 1981 2314-PST
From: JSP at WASHINGTON
Subject: Loglan as command language.

  English is optimized to serve as a verbal means of communication
between intelligences.  It would be highly surprising if it turned out
to be optimal for the much different task of communicating between an
intelligent (human) and a stupid (computer) via keyboard.  In fact, it
would be surprising if English proved well suited to any sort of
precise description, given that various mathematical notations, Algol
and BNF, for example, all originated as attempts to escape the
ambiguity and opacity of English.  (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I
seem to recall that Algol was originally a publication language for
human-human communication, programming applications coming later.)
  Much the same may be said, with less force, for Loglan, which is
also targeted on human-human communication, albeit with a special
focus on simplicity and avoidance of syntactic ambiguity.  (Other
Loglanists might not agree.)
  For those interested, the Loglan Institute is alive and well, if
rather hard to find pending completion of a revised grammar and word
morphology.  I'd be happy to correspond with anyone interested in the
language...  and delighted to hear from any YACCaholic TL subscribers
interested in working on the grammar...
        --Jeff Prothero

------------------------------

Date: 11 Dec 1981 06:46:30-PST
From: decvax!pur-ee!purdue!kad at Berkeley (Ken Dickey at Purdue CS)
Subject: Loglan

I have received several requests for more information on Loglan, a
language which may be ideal for man-computer communication.  Here is a
brief description:

Synopsis: (from the book jacket of LOGLAN 1: A LOGICAL LANGUAGE, James
C. Brown, Third Edition)

        Loglan is a language designed to test the Sapir-Whorf
hypothesis that the natural languages limit human thought.  It does
this so by pushing those limits outward in predictable directions by:

*incorporating the notational elegance of symbolic logic (it is
TRANSFORMATIONALLY POWERFUL);

*forcing the fewest possible assumptions about "reality" on its
speakers (it is METAPHYSICALLY PARSIMONIOUS);

*removing all structural sources of ambiguity (in Loglon anything, no
matter how implausible, can be said clearly; for it is SYNTACTICALLY
UNAMBIGUOUS);

*generalizing all semantic operations (whatever can be done to any
Loglan word can be done to every Loglan word; for it is SEMANTICALLY
NON-RESTRICTIVE);

*deriving its basic word-stock from eight natural languages, including
three Oriental ones (it is therefore CULTURALLY NEUTRAL);

Notes:
        Loglan has a small grammar (an order of magnitude smaller than
any "natural" grammar).

        It is isomorphic (spelled phonetically-- all punctuation is
spoken).
        There are a set of rules for word usage so that words are
uniquely resolvable (No "Marzee Dotes" problem).

        The most frequently used grammatical operators are the
shortest words.

        The word stock is derived from eight languages (Hindi,
Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, English, Spanish, Russian, French, and
German), weighted by usage for recognizability.  I.e. using Loglan
rules to satisfy form, words are made up to be mnemonic to most of the
worlds speakers.

        Loglan "predicates" are, in a sense, complete.  For example
MATMA means X is the MOTHER of Y by father W.  Joan matma == Joan is
the mother of .. by .. == Joan is a mother.  Matma Paul == Paul's
mother, etc.  These "slots" can change positions by means of
operators.

        Modifiers precede modified words.  Garfs school => a garfs
type of school (a school FOR garfs) as opposed to a school BELONGING
to garfs.

        Language assumptions can be quite different. For example,
there are a number of words for "yes", meaning "yes, I will", "yes, I
agree", etc.

        Although considered an experimental tool, there are people
that actually speak it.  (It is a USEFUL tool).

Pointer: The Loglan Institute
         2261 Soledad Rancho Road
         San Diego, California 92109

As I am an armchair linguist, you should reference the above pointer
for more information.

                                        -Ken

------------------------------

Date: 8 Apr 1982 01:32:44-PST
From: ihnss!houxi!u1100a!rick at Berkeley

A while ago somebody (I believe it was in fa.human-nets during a
discussion of sexism in personal pronouns) asked the question "What
does Loglan do about gender?".

As usual with such questions the answer is not easy to describe in a
few words.  But to simplify somewhat, Loglan has no concept of
grammatical gender at all.  The language has a series of five words
that act (approximately) like third person pronouns, but there is no
notion of sex associated with them.

Loglan also does away with most of the usual grammatical categories,
such as "nouns", "adjectives" and "verbs".  In their place it has a
single category called "predicate".  Thus the loglan word "blanu" can
be variously translated as "blue" (an adjective), "is a blue thing" (a
verb-like usage), and "blue thing" (a noun-like usage).

Loglan is uninflected. It has no declensions or conjugations.  But it
does have a flock of "little words" that serve various grammatical and
punctuational purposes.  They also take the place of such affixes as
"-ness" (as in "blueness") in English.

More information about Loglan can be gotten by writing to:

                        The Loglan Institute, Inc.
                        2261 Soledad Rancho Road
                        San Diego, CA 92109

------------------------------

Date: Sun 15 May 83 12:17:41-PDT
From: Robert Amsler <AMSLER@SRI-AI.ARPA>
Subject: Excerpt about AI from a NYTimes interview with Stanislaw Lem

Sunday, March 20th, NYTimes Book Review Interview with Stanislaw Lem
by Peter Engel

Interviewer: "You mentioned robots, and certainly one of the most
important themes in your writing is the equality of men and robots as
thinking, sentient beings.  Do you feel that artificial intelligence
at this level will be achieved within the forseeable future?"

Lem: "My opinion is that in roughly 100 years we will arrive at an
artificial intelligence that is more intelligent and reasonable than
human intelligence, but it will be completely different.  There are no
signs indicating that computers will in certain fields become equal to
men. You should not be misled by the fact that you can play chess with
a computer. If you want to accomplish certain individual tasks,
computers are fine. But when you are talking about psychological
matters, every one of us carries in his head the heritage of the
armored fish, the dinosaurs, and other mammals. These limitations do
not exist outside the domain of biological evolution. And there's no
reason why we should imitate them -- the very idea is silly. In the
field of mechanics it would be the same as if the Arabs were to say
they didn't want airplanes and automobiles, only improved camels. Or
that you shouldn't supply automobiles with wheels, that you must
invent mechanical legs.

I'm going to show you a book. 'Golem XIV' is going to be published
next year in America. It's a story about the construction of a
supercomputer and how it didn't want to solve the military task it was
given, the purpose it had been constructed for in the first place.  So
it started to devote itself to higher philosophical problems. There
are two stories in 'Golem XIV,' two lectures for scientists. In the
first Golem talks about humans and the way it sees them, in the second
about itself. It tries to explain that it's already arrived at a level
of biological evolution will never reach on it own (sic). It's on the
lowest rung of a ladder, and above it there might exist now or in the
future more potent intelligences. Golem does not know whether there
are any bounds in its progress to the upper sphere. And when it, in a
manner of speaking, takes leave of man, it is primarily for the
purpose of advancing further up this ladder.

In my own view, man will probably never be able to understand and
recognize everything directly, but in an indirect manner he will be
able to achieve command of everything if he constructs intelligence
amplifiers to fulfill his wishes. Like a small child, he will then be
receiving gifts. But he will not be able to perceive the world
directly, like a small child who is given an electric railway. The
child can play with it, he can even dismantle it, but he will not
understand Maxwell's theory of electricity. The main difference is
that the child will one day become an adult, and then if he wants he
will eventually study and understand Maxwell's theory. But we will
never grow up any further. We will only be able to receive gifts from
the giants of intelligence that we'll be able to build.  There is a
limit to human perception, and beyond this horizon the fruit of
observation will be gleaned from other beings, research machines or
whatever. Progress may continue, but we will somehow be staying
behind."

------------------------------

End of AIList Digest
********************

From tekecs!tektronix!decvax!harpo!seismo!rlgvax!jack Sun Aug 14 13:49:47 1983
Subject: Re: A pointer to Loglan books - (nf)
Newsgroups: net.nlang

Those addresses (given in the article this one references) are definitely
not good anymore.  The current address is:

	The Loglan Institute, Inc.
	2261 Soledad Rancho Road
	San Diego, California  92109

Jack Waugh
seismo!rlgvax!jack

From tektronix!ucbcad!ucbvax!decvax!genrad!grkermit!chris Wed Sep  7 07:28:22 1983
Subject: a letter from the Loglan Institute(#1 of ~4)
Newsgroups: net.nlang

I saw the addresses mentioned for the Loglan Institute in previous
articles on this list, and wrote a letter to them asking for more
information on the language.  The reply was interesting enough that I
am going to transcribe it to the net.  It's long, so I'll just start
with the first page, and if there is interest I'll go on to the later
stuff, which is mostly lists of the materials that will be available
from the institute.

I called the Instute and got their permission to copy the letter to the net.
Please notice that their address has changed.

I have just recently begun reading a collection of the writings of
Benjamin Whorf.  I will try to post some sort of a review or discussion
when I've read more of it.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

                         THE LOGLAN INSTITUTE
                               (Page 1)

                           Route 10, Box 260
                        Gainesville, FL  32601

  Teaching & Research Center                           Phone: (904) 371-9574

                         WELCOME TO LOGLANDIA!

You are arriving at an interesting time.  Two 5-year research projects
have just been concluded, and The Institute is now preparing to "go
public" again.  The first two times were in 1960, when the prolegomena of
the language were first published by its inventor, in the June issue of
the *Scientific American*, and again in 1975, when *Loglan 1: A Logical
Language* and *Loglan 4 & 5: A Loglan-English & English-Loglan Dictionary*
were offered in small editions by The Institute (500 hardback and 2500
paperback copies of each book) through small ads placed in the December
'75 and again in the September '76 issues of *SA*.  *Loglan 1* was soon
effectively out of print; but we elected not to reprint.  Instead we
decided to cultivate the 200 or 300 loglanists gained through these
publications as a language-testing and usage-creating cadre for the
future.

The Institute had been incorporated in 1974.  It became an Open
Membership Corporation in 1980.  From 1955 to 1975 the design of Loglan
had been more or less the private domain of its inventor, James Cooke
Brown.  But from 1975 onward, with the publication of the two books and
especially with the founding of *The Loglanist* in September 1976,
Loglan became the intellectual property of all whose minds live at
least partly in Loglandia.  It was interaction between these minds
which generated the massive increase in the logical subtlety of the
language that is found, for example, in *A Supplement to Loglan 1*
published in November 1980; and it was these new Members of The
Institute who supported and partly executed the two major research
projects just now concluded:  the writing of a machine-grammar of the
language, which was very distinctly a team effort, and the design of a
new, decipherable morphology--the way its longer words are formed--in
which the inventor relied on a group of dedicated speakers to try out
his new word-building ideas.  As a consequence of all these efforts,
Loglan is now a very much richer language and an altogether more usable
one than it was in 1975.

We of the 1975 cadre, having completed these tasks--the machine
grammar, the decipherable morphology, and the enriched usage
patterns--are now ready to share our language with 2,000 or 200,000
fellow loglanists instead of staying cosily at 200.  In fact, we must.
So few cannot support anything so massive as a growing language.  So
The Institute's third exercise in going public will probably take place
in 1983 or 1984 and may well be a bit splashier.  The 1975 publications
were aimed primarily at the scientific community. This time we will
offer it to a far broader public, including the home computing public.
For Loglan is now both a more accessible language and a computationally
more sophisticated one, learnable by anyone and yet understandable by
machines.  And scientifically, Loglan is now an even more deftly-
tailored instrument for the test of the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis...which
was the purpose with which the whole enterprise began nearly 30 years
ago as a young scientist's dream.

Whether your purpose is to help build that "machine/man interface" with
Loglan; to use it on your own computer once others have built it; to
study a remarkable human language scientifically; to learn to speak,
write and think in a language that has some surprisingly liberating
ways; to help us ins the may tasks The Institute faces in going public
again; or to contribute to an eventual test of Sapir and Whorf's grand
hypothesis about the nature of the human mind...we welcome you aboard
our little ship, with full sail set, now, for Loglandia.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

The computer programs they are talking about are designed to run under
C/PM personal computers with at least 48K of RAM.  They didn't mention
what language the programs might be written in, but I'm sure someone
out there will want to translate them to C and share the results,
right?

decvax!genrad!grkermit!chris
allegra!linus!genrad!grkermit!chris
harpo!eagle!mit-vax!grkermit!chris

From tektronix!decvax!genrad!grkermit!chris Tue Sep 13 12:07:37 1983
Subject: letter from the Loglan Institute (#2 of 2)
Newsgroups: net.nlang

The first page of the letter I received from the institute (and posted
earlier) described the current status of the Loglan Institute and their
intent to "go public" soon.  They said that they were going to be
publishing a large amount of new material and that it would become
available in 1983 or '4.

The next section of the letter is a list of the materials they still
have available for sale.  This is the part that I am posting now.
Following this is a section describing the materials they are working
on and that will become available in the near future.  I'll post that
sometime next week.

                        WHAT'S STILL AVAILABLE?

*Loglan 1*, the 315-page 1975 introduction by JCB; now out of print.  A
     notebook edition is planned for Summer 1983 release as an interim
     publication while the book is being revised; around 170pp on
     3-hole paper.  Price around $12; advance orders welcome.

*Loglan 4 & 5*, the 1975 dictionaries ; xxii +510pp.  Plenty of these
     left. Includes a xxii-page summary of the grammar which will be
     useful until the revised L1 appears.             Hardback: $10.80
                                                     Paperback:  $6.80

*Supplement to Loglan 1, 1975-1980*.  Published originally as TL4/3;
     72pp.  Summarizes some 1200pp of TL-text; presents all the usage
     and grammar proposals that survived discussion in TL; by John
     Parks-Clifford.                                       $3.50

*Loglan 3.1-3*.  The first three lessons of what will eventually be a
     20-50 lesson primer.  Work was stopped on the Primer when the
     morphological revision began in 1978.  59pp;  by JCB. $2.50

*Deck 1*.  1000 vocabulary flashcards, including the 830 primitive
     predicates; cut and boxed.  Approximately 130 words have been
     remade during the 1978-82 morphological revision; see *Notebook 2*.
     You get a listing of the words to change and a reprint of JCB's
     1977 TL 1/5 article on flashcard management; but you will have to
     update your own deck.                                 $8.80

*Cassette 1*.  Loglan speech sounds; a 65-minute recording; 1976.  the
     1977 revision of this original is out of stock.       $3.20

*Cassette 2*.  Loglan utterance frames; a 78-minute recording composed
     of 72 "listen-and-respond" frames; 1977.               $4.20

Reprint.  The original June 1960 *Scientific American* article by JCB.
                                                           $1.50

*Notebook 1*.  The machine grammar and corpus of Loglan; a notebook
     filler on 3-hole paper; 173pp.  Gives the March '82 grammar which
     parsed the test corpus; the 1000-utterance Corpus itself with both
     machine and human parses; and the Preparse source code in BDS-C.
     There is also a Glossary of the technical terms used in our
     grammatical work.                                     $12.50

*Notebook 2*.  The new morphological system; a notebook filler on
     3-hole paper; 182pp.  Temporarily out of stock.  Traces the steps
     of the 1978-82 morphological revision; includes the results of all
     the major "taste tests"; gives the affixes for making complex
     predicates, procedures for making borrowings and acronyms,
     etymologies of all the remade primitives, and all the 1975 complex
     predicates as remade with the new affixes.             $14.50

*LIP*.  The Loglan Interactive Parser; requires C/PM and at least 48K
     RAM.  Incorporates the latest machine grammar.  LIP responds with
     machine and/or human parses, parse-trees, and preparsed strings
     for any grammatical utterance submitted by the user, at any level
     of grammatical detail required.  Purchasers will be notified of
     any revisions of the grammar and will have update privileges at
     reasonable cost.                                        $60.00

*The Loglanist*. The journal of The Institute; published aperiodically.
     Subscription is by deposit.  The cost of each issue plus postage
     is charged against each subscriber's balance and the new balance
     shown on the mailing label. Recent cost per issue has been around
     $3.50, including postage.  If you are overseas and want your
     copies sent airmail, please say so, and increase your deposit
     accordingly.  Institutions are charged at twice the individual
     rate per copy.  When you subscribe, you will be sent only the last
     issue published unless you specifically ask for back issues.
                       Minimum deposit, Individuals:    $20.00
                                       Institutions:    $40.00

Back Issues of *The Loglanist*.  Title-pages on request.  Some issues
     are out of print.  Number and price of issues still available in
     each volume:
     Vol.1, 1976-77, 5 issues, 60-70pp.; $3.00 ea.
     Vol.2, 1978, 1 issue, 120pp.; $4.50
     Vol.3, 1979, 4 issues, 80pp.; $3.50 ea.
     Vol.4, 1980, 3 issues, 80pp.; $3.50 ea.
     Vol.5, 1981, 3 issues, 80pp.; $3.50 ea.

Membership in the Institute.  Biennial due are currently $50, half that
     for full-time students. For this you get (i) a 15% discount on
     anything you buy from the Institute except TL; (ii) a monthly
     newsletter on Institute affairs called Lognet; and (iii) the right
     to vote in the Institute's Annual Meeting and its biennial
     elections of Officers and Directors.  In addition, you'll have the
     opportunity of helping to prepare the numerous revisions and
     expansions of your teaching materials, including software, and of
     serving on a test panel to try out new materials before they  are
     offered to a wider public.  For example, a massive augmentation of
     the 1975 dictionary is now in progress, and many Members are
     participating in a "shakedown cruise" with the new decipherable
     affixes by helping us build new words for the 3rd Edition of
     *Loglan 4 & 5*.

The Institute asked that checks be made payable to The Loglan
Institute.  Florida residents should add 5% Sales Tax for all items
except TL deposits and Membership dues.  If you decide to join The
Institute, remember to subtract 15% for all non-TL items you order.
Postage and Handling is $2.50 regardless of the size of the order.
Packages will be sent Book-rate unless you specify Priority Mail
domestically, or Airmail overseas and increase your deposit
accordingly.

The Institute's address is:

The Loglan Institute, Inc.
Route 10, Box 260
Gainesville, FL 32601

This is a new address, so don't use the California or Michigan
addresses that were mentioned on the net.

Is BDS-C related to C?  If so, it shouldn't be too much trouble to
make the interactive parser run under UNIX, and probably a lot of home
computers as well.

Jack Waugh {seismo,allegra,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd}!rlgvax!jack posted 3
articles in May-June (<471@rlgvax.UUCP>, <455@rlgvax.UUCP>, and
<703@rlgvax.UUCP>) telling something about the language.  If you can
get those without too much trouble, they provide a short (and
non-theoretical) introduction that might be easier to get than the
Scientific American from June 1960.

From: chris@grkermit.UUCP
Newsgroups: net.nlang
Subject: letter from the Loglan Institute (#3 of 3 {and final})
Date: Thu, 29-Sep-83 09:58:28 PDT

This is the third and final part of a letter I received from the Loglan
Institute.  Ignore any implications made by the titles of previous articles
that there would be more or fewer parts to this posting

The first part of the letter was an announcement that the Institute intended
to go public soon with the advances they've made in the last 10 years.  The
second part was a list of the materials they had on hand (available for
sale) leftover from previous states of the language.  This final section of
the letter is a list of the new materials they will make available sometime
this fall.

						WHAT WILL BE AVAILABLE?

The Institute plans to have on hand the following kit of learning materials
before going public again:

*Loglan 1:  A Logical Language, 4th Edition*  To keep it genuinely
introductory, the new edition of this basic book by JCB will be only a
modest revision of the 1975 edition.  Almost all the changes since 1975 have
been additions; so the basic structure of the language has not changed.  All
erroneous statements in the current text will of course be corrected, and
many of the most useful additions will be described.  But to keep this
first volume as short as possible, the reader will be told that a formally
complete account of the language will be found in *Loglan 6*, a new book
described below.

(No plans are made to reissue *Loglan 2: Methods of Construction.*  All
chapters of this 1967 work by JCB are still available in Vols.1,2 of *The
Loglanist*.)

*Loglan 3: Learning Loglan, 2nd Edition.*  This work has gone through
several revisions, having started life as a programmed textbook in 1960-62.
But the traditional primer format works better with cassettes and
flashcards.  So the present series of 3 trial primer lessons will be
extended to about 20 before being published as the first volume in the L3
series.  It is our hope to extend the series to cover even the most advanced
topics of grammar and usage.

*Loglan 4 & 5: A Loglan-English & English-Loglan Dictionary, 3rd Edition.*
The new edition will be updated for new usages and morphology, and the size
of its solid interface with English will probably be increased by about
three-fold.

*Loglan 6: Formal Structures.*  This will be an entirely new work and in
reference manual format.  It will provide an always-current, easily
referenceable description of the entire rule structure of Loglan in a form
suitable for those working on the interface.  It will include the machine
grammar, the preparser algorithms, the phonology and morphology, and the
various algorithms linking these structures into a single whole.  It is
planned to include brief historical accounts of the critical reasoning which
led to the adoption of each new feature since 1975.

**LIP: The Loglan Interactive Parser.**  This computer software is described
in the current list of What's Available, [in my note "Letter from the Loglan
Institute, Part 2 of 3"] and will need only to be updated with the most
recent grammar.

*MacTeach.* This is a general name for a series of CAI programs now in
preparation.  These programs will use lists of primitives, affixes, little
words, place-structures, Corpus utterances and parses provided by the
Institute, and teach vocabulary, predicate usage, word-making and
-decipherment, and utterance formation.

*Cassettes.*  We plan to record a new series of casettes to be used
independently or in conjunction with the computer-aided *MacTeach* programs.
Thus the learner will be able to listen to and repeat the same Loglan that
he or she is responding to visually and manually on the *MacTeach* programs.

                    * * * * * * * *

We plan to start printing books again just as soon as the new *Loglan 1* and
*Loglan 3* are camera-ready, and the new lexicon has settled down enough to
permit "official" input lists to be prepared for at least the first four
MacTeach programs.  Meanwhile, the MacTeach programs themselves will have
bee thoroughly tested by the Members of the Institute, and some of the new
Cassettes will have been recorded.  Thus the initial kit we plan to sell
will be L1, L3.1-20, M1-4 and C1-4, where '4' and '20' are approximate.

Meanwhile, the dictionary-building and the final verification for the
technical material in *Loglan 6* can be going forward.  We expect these
more labor-intensive works to appear within six monthes to a year from the
publication of the initial learning kit.  In the interval, there are a few
old L4&5's left. These will be offered with correcting documents to those
among our new Loglanists who are most impatient to learn the language.  For
those who do have home computers, the MacTeach  vocabulary programs will
serve many of the functions of a dictionary.

Welcome aboard!                    JCB

If any of you already have some of the previously mentioned materials, I
would be interested in reviews.  Also, I'm interested in reviews of these
publications as they come out.  It's not clear yet whether I'll get any of
it, as I don't think there's anyone around that I could use the language
with.  If anyone wants to communicate on the net in Loglan, that might
provide the impetus to me to get some of the material.

If anyone out there is interested in translating the Loglan Parser into C,
I'm sure the Institute would love to hear from you.  Their address is now:

                    The Loglan Institute Inc.
                    Route 10, Box 269
                    Gainesville, FL 32601

and their phone number is (904) 371-9574.