[net.nlang] Song Lyrics

page@ulowell.UUCP (Bob Page) (12/09/85)

Elton John (again), "Bennie and the Jets:"  "...electric boots, a mohair
suit, you know I rented it in Pakistan..."

David Byrne has recounted his never-miss strategy for writing words:  After
first draft, he sings them to Brian Eno.  Eno sits in the control booth and
writes down all the words he *thinks* he hears Bryne sing.  After the song,
they get together and exchange notes for the most interesting ideas...

--
-----
UUCP: decvax!wanginst!ulowell!page   Bob Page

bem8435@ritcv.UUCP (William L. Trainor) (12/11/85)

And now another one:

'ow about Stairway to Heaven?   Instead of "Spring clean for the May Queen", use
"Sprinkling for the bakery".  I did for a whole year.

Bill "I will do no calculus before it's time" Trainor

*"You can't possibly exist, so go away!"*

ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) (12/11/85)

> Elton John (again), "Bennie and the Jets:"  "...electric boots, a mohair
> suit, you know I rented it in Pakistan..."

I always thought it was "you know I read it in a magazine..."

					Addison
					ihlpa!ibyf

My brother? I always thought of him as mom and dad's science project.

33500911@sdcc13.UUCP ({|lit}) (12/14/85)

From the flying fingers of Scott Addison:
      (<926@ihlpa.UUCP> ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP)

>> Elton John (again), "Bennie and the Jets:"  "...electric boots, a mohair
>> suit, you know I rented it in Pakistan..."
>>
> I always thought it was "you know I read it in a magazine..."

How about:

"...electric boobs, my ma has two, you know I READ IT IN A MAGAZINE!"

--
				      - Jim Hayes
					UCSD (In sunny La Jolla)

UUCP:   {ucbvax,ihnp4,decvax}!sdcsvax!sdcc13!33500911
ARPA:   33500911%sdcc13@UCSD.ACC.EDU

berke@ucla-cs.UUCP (12/16/85)

In article <395@sdcc13.UUCP> 33500911@sdcc13.UUCP (Jim) writes:
>How about:
>"...electric boobs, my ma has two, you know I READ IT IN A MAGAZINE!"
>				      - Jim Hayes
>					UCSD (In sunny La Jolla)

I thought net.nlang was for natural language.  Not not-so funny derisive
language.  Why not just send the jokes to net.jokes if you think they are
funny?

I don't understand how someone can post female anatomical jokes to the
network at all.

Peter Berke

daemon@houligan.UUCP (12/20/85)

In article <926@ihlpa.UUCP>, ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) writes:
> > Elton John (again), "Bennie and the Jets:"  "...electric boots, a mohair
> > suit, you know I rented it in Pakistan..."
> I always thought it was "you know I read it in a magazine..."

Oh-oh.  It's not?

	while (--tgi)	/* my mind continues to decay */
		;	/* even though I do nothing.. */

{brl-bmd,ccvaxa,pur-ee,sun}!csd-gould!midas!tgi (Craig Strickland @ Gould)
305/587-2900 x5014  CompuServe: 76545,1007   Source: BDQ615   MCIMail: 272-3350

(echo ".ft B"; echo ".ps 999"; echo "$disclaimer") | troff -t	# :-)