[net.nlang] Request for Machine Readable Jane Austen

garry@warwick.UUCP (Garry Bulmer) (03/11/86)

We are looking for a machine readable example of some work by Jane Austen.
We are interested in text analysis. We would also like to know if anyone
has any results for identifying text written by Jane Austen.

Please reply to us at this Usenet address or snail mail:

Garry Bulmer or Dr Douglas Owen
Computer Science Department
Coventry Polytechnic
Priory Street
Coventry
CV1 5FB
England

Coventry (0203) 24166 ext 672 or 253
Thanks in advance!

jjm@alice.UucP (John J. McCarthy) (03/25/86)

Machine readable versions of the works of Jane Austen and of many other
authors in English and other languages are available for a media charge
from Oxford Text Archive, Oxford University Computing Service, 13 Banbury Rd.,
Oxford OX2 6NN.

John McCarthy
Linguistics Dept.
UMass Amherst

--
John McCarthy, AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill; 201 582-6595; alice!jjm
also Univ. of Mass., Amherst; 413 545-0889; mccarthy@umass-cs.csnet

gdvsmit@watrose.UUCP (Riel Smit) (03/25/86)

In article <5173@alice.uUCp> jjm@alice.UucP (John J. McCarthy) writes:
>Machine readable versions of the works of Jane Austen and of many other
>authors in English and other languages are available for a media charge
>from Oxford Text Archive, Oxford University Computing Service, 13 Banbury Rd.,
>Oxford OX2 6NN.

I believe their e-mail address is :

   Archive%VAX3.OXFORD.AC.UK%UCL-CS@CSNET-RELAY.ARPA

(at least, it worked from here)