[net.aviation] IVRS

ronnie@mit-eddie.UUCP (Ronnie Schnell) (11/28/85)

I don't know if anyone has been discussing IVRS (the interim voice
response system), but I would be interested in any specs that anyone
has on how it works, what is planned, etc.  For those of you
who don't know, IVRS is a computer system accessible from any
touch-tone phone.  You give it the three-letter airport code and
it will give you complete terminal forecasts, alert weather warnings,
convective sigmets, etc.  It also gives some TWEB route forecasts
and local vicinity forecasts as well.

			#Ron
			(ronnie@mit-eddie.UUCP)
			(ronnie%sutcase.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa)
			(ronnie@mit-eddie.ARPA)
			(ronnie%syr-sutcase.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa)

lgl@cbosgd.UUCP (Lionel Lynch) (12/03/85)

In article <577@mit-eddie.UUCP> ronnie@mit-eddie.UUCP (Ronnie Schnell) writes:
>I don't know if anyone has been discussing IVRS (the interim voice
>response system), but I would be interested in any specs that anyone
>has on how it works, what is planned, etc.  For those of you
>who don't know, IVRS is a computer system accessible from any
>touch-tone phone.  You give it the three-letter airport code and
>it will give you complete terminal forecasts, alert weather warnings,
>convective sigmets, etc.  It also gives some TWEB route forecasts
>and local vicinity forecasts as well.
>
>			#Ron
>			(ronnie@mit-eddie.UUCP)
>			(ronnie%sutcase.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa)
>			(ronnie@mit-eddie.ARPA)
>			(ronnie%syr-sutcase.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa)

The Voice Response System is active and operating at Port Columbus
International in Columbus, Ohio and at either National or Dulles in DC.
I used to have a copy of the operating manual which I'll try to dig out
if you want, or a call to the Columbus FSS can get you the info. (That's
where I found the pamphlet.)

-Lionel

eldon@hpubvwa.UUCP (eldon) (12/03/85)

<>
Re: IVRS

Does anyone know if there are plans for "normal" computer or terminal
access to the IVRS systems data?

Eldon Brown      (uw-beaver!ssc-vax!hpubvwa!eldon)