[net.music] trivia question

ab3@pucc-h (Rsk the Wombat) (06/29/84)

	I'm sure that some of you remember "Fire" by "The Crazy World of
	Arthur Brown" which did its top-40 bit about 15 years ago...well,
	who played drums on it?
--
Rsk the Wombat
UUCP: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  } !pur-ee!rsk

"This chick is toast!"

rkp@drutx.UUCP (Pierce) (06/29/84)

	>>I'm sure that some of you remember "Fire" by "The Crazy World of
	>>Arthur Brown" which did its top-40 bit about 15 years ago...well,
	>>who played drums on it?

None other than Carl Palmer!

Now, what do I win?

"You can't have that, but you can have.......

Russ Pierce
Denver, CO

brandx@ihuxa.UUCP (Howard D. Weisberg) (07/02/84)

Carl Palmer played drums on "Fire"!?!

rob@ctvax.UUCP (07/02/84)

#R:pucc-h:-80000:ctvax:39000019:000:161
ctvax!rob    Jul  2 10:17:00 1984

But the real power behind The Crazy World of Arthur Brown was
the keyboardist Vincent Crane. Does anyone know what became of him?

Rob Spray
...convex!ctvax!rob

kissell@flairvax.UUCP (Kevin Kissell) (07/08/84)

(is this thing on?)

Rob Spray asks about what happened to Vincent "Madman" Crane after
the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.  Crane and Carl Palmer formed a
band called Atomic Rooster after leaving Brown, which did one LP
with Palmer before he split to join ELP.  Atomic Rooster did four
subsequent LP's featuring Crane from '70 to `75, and a quickie regrouping
in 1980.  Crane also recorded with Rory Gallagher on Gallagher's first
solo album back in '71.  He was working with Arthur Brown again in '80.

Can anyone out there confirm or deny reports that Arthur Brown has
settled in Austin, Texas?  It's just wierd enough to be true.

Kevin D. Kissell
Fairchild Research Center
Advanced Processor Development
uucp: {ihnp4 decvax}!decwrl!\
                             >flairvax!kissell
    {ucbvax sdcrdcf}!hplabs!/

"Any closing epigram, regardless of truth or wit, grows galling
 after a number of repetitions"

ab3@pucc-h (Rsk the Wombat) (07/10/84)

	Wasn't Vincent Crane in Atomic Rooster?
--
Rsk the Wombat
UUCP: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  } !pur-ee!rsk
      { decwrl, hplabs, icase, psuvax1, siemens, ucbvax } !purdue!rsk

"Now wher're you boys goin' with all that beer?"

rkp@drutx.UUCP (Pierce) (07/10/84)

	>>Wasn't Vincent Crane in Atomic Rooster?

Yes, and Carl Palmer followed him there, too.

Russ Pierce
Denver, CO

rob@ctvax.UUCP (07/15/84)

#R:pucc-h:-80000:ctvax:39000022:000:797
ctvax!rob    Jul 14 16:41:00 1984

Well, what a coincidence. I just saw a review in the March 1984
issue of Guitar World for Atomic Rooster's new record! It's

Headline News on PVC/Jem

Personnel are: Vincent Crane - keyboards, David Gilmour - guitar,
Paul Hammond - drums, Jon Field (ex Jade Warrior) - percussion.

The review suggested that unless it was a send-off, the music is out
of date. But, remember, this was in a magazine that had Angus
Young (AC/DC) on the cover and referred to Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
as the "Godfather of Heavy Metal". I just buy 'em second-hand for
the centerfolds! (This issue had a Black Beauty!).

Thanks to all netters who sent mail about Atomic Rooster.

Gotta finish with an obscure(?) quote:
   "poor poor lovely computer
    do u really know what love is?"

Rob Spray
...convex!ctvax!rob

lsmith@h-sc1.UUCP (Liz Smith) (07/04/85)

Here's a trivia question for you:

	What was the first video that MTV ever played?

Liz Smith

asente@Cascade.ARPA (07/05/85)

> Here's a trivia question for you:
>
> 	What was the first video that MTV ever played?

"Video Killed the Radio Star," of course.  What else could it possibly be?

	-paul asente

giw@allegra.UUCP (Jerry Weil) (07/05/85)

The first video played on MTV - Video Killed the Radio Star

prd7886@ritcv.UUCP (Patrick R. Demorais) (07/11/85)

In article <4584@allegra.UUCP> giw@allegra.UUCP (Jerry Weil) writes:
>The first video played on MTV - Video Killed the Radio Star

By the Buggles, was it not?

		- Patrick R. Demorais
		- ritcv!ritvp!prd7886@rochester
		- {allegra|seismo}!rochester!ritcv!ritvp!prd7886

jd@cmu-cs-g.ARPA (John Devitofranceschi) (07/11/85)

I do believe that the first video shown on MTV was DEVO's Satisfaction.
The Akron, OH, Spudboys were poineers in the video scene; too bad about
their latest album.

Of Talking Heads and Little Creatures: A wonderful album, full of notes
 and lyrics.  By all means, check it out!

On Christian Rock:  Not being a fan of this genre, my knowledge about it
 is severely lacking; however, I was introduced to a band called
 "Daniel Amos" by a good friend of mine. Anyone in netland ever hear of
 them? (They used to be a country Christian band, but the second side
 of their second album changed that).

-jd

dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (07/11/85)

> Here's a trivia question for you:
>
> 	What was the first video that MTV ever played?
>

> Liz Smith

"Video Killed the Radio Star". Don't remember the group.
                               Dave Lowrey

"To vacillate or not to vacillate, that is the question....
 ....or is it?"
                                ...!(<sun,cbosgd,ihnp4}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

trudel@topaz.ARPA (Jonathan D.) (07/12/85)

>>The first video played on MTV - Video Killed the Radio Star

>By the Buggles, was it not?

I can't believe that this continues...Don't you people watch MTV?
I don't anymore (I don't have cable), but I definitely remember that
EVERY time they played the video, the VJ that is on is quick to remind the
audience that it was the first video they ever played-'How significant',
they exclaim.  I think we all know how 'significant' the title is, so I just
wish they'd stop telling us.
--

					   Jonathan D. Trudel
					arpa:trudel@ru-blue.arpa

tp@ndm20 (07/17/85)

Two very good christian rock bands: The Resurection Band (especially their first
2 albums) and Jimmy Hotz. TRB is very versatile and plays many different flavors
of rock. Nothing avante-garde or experimental, but a good range from soft to
heavy. Jimmy Hotz is progressive and sounds a fair bit like Kansas (back when
they were good.

Terry Poot