[net.games.emp] possible grant bug

mclure@sri-unix (06/10/82)

Date:  9 Jun 1982 2343-PDT
From: Mark Feber <FEBER at USC-ISIC>
Subject: Possible small bug
To: mclure at SRI-UNIX
Via:  Usc-Isic.ArpaNet; 9 Jun 82 23:44-PDT

Is this a bug? or did I miss something.  Today I decided to remove a radar
installation from my border and then return the sector to Talisman. What
follows is an exact script of the commands issued.  For some reason after
I moved all the civilians and military out of the sector and tried to grant
it back to Talisman, empire "refused" to grant the sector (there are Talisman
sectors adjoining). Despite this, the sector now shows up as a ? on my maps
but I ran out of time before I could spy and see if Talisman really got it
back.  No notice in the news about it (this bug is bad press for me).
	JRO, Director Project-Y

[14:186] Command : attack 9,3
9,3 is a 10% radar installation with 0 military or so.
Number of troops from fortress at 7,3 (max 10) : 10
Your combat odds are 99.0%
!You have captured 9,3!
5 troops return to 7,3
5 of your troops now occupy 9,3
Casualties :
Yours ... 0.0
Theirs .. 1.0
Papershuffling ... 0.2 B.T.U

[14:184] Command : census 9,3
Wed Jun  9 22:59:40 1982
CENSUS             del cnt
  sect     eff mob cmf cmf % *  civ mil food  min gmin fert oil
  9,3   )   5% 127 ... ...        1   5    0   33    8   76  10
    1 sector

[14:184] Command : move c 9,3 1 g
<126.6: f 7,3> h

[14:182] Command : move m 9,3 5 g
<124.1: f 7,3> h

[14:180] Command : designate 9,3 l

[15:179] Command : grant 9,3 Talisman
No sectors granted

[15:178] Command : grant 9,3 18
No sectors granted
-------

ber (06/11/82)

#R:sri-unix:-169900:harpo:15500009:000:126
harpo!ber    Jun 11 02:10:00 1982

It's not a bug.  When you move all the people out of a sector, you don't
own it anymore.  So you can't give it away.

		brian