Path:wjh12!genrad!mit-eddie!hammy
Date:Wed, 6-Jul-83 10:00:39 EDT
Organization:MIT, Cambridge, MA

	Does anyone in Netland have freely available sources for Empire
for a VAX 11/750.  I have played it on an 11/44, and I now have access
to a 750.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
						J. Scott Hamilton
						!genrad!mit-eddie!hammy

mr-frog@sdcsvax.UUCP (Dave Pare) (06/02/84)

<>
Yes, someone indeed does have the sources.  His name is Peter Langston.
He does not give out sources, however.  I (and some other people) have
dis-assembled bits and pieces of faulty empire (.o) code in order to repair
the game.  I've done about twenty empire subroutines, and there are
about fifty more left.  Now, if we can get this dis-assebly done as
a network project, I'm sure the sources can be created (re-created?)
in about six months.  Anybody out there willing to spend hours and
hours working with adb output?

I'm currently waiting for a tape from Peter containing the new empire
4.2 BSD release (binaries only).  If anybody would like a copy of it,
I've been instructed to forward the request to Peter (who is working at
a Galactic-Utter-Top-Secret (GUTS) network site) before re-distributing
the release.  Basically, if you want empire, send me a note and I'll
tell you when it's ready.

Dave Pare

[ucbvax|dcdwest]!sdcsvax!mr-frog

"A megaton of prevention..."