[net.math] Hilbert's space-filling curves

yti3176@ritcv.UUCP (T. Yvonne Itoka) (12/11/85)

	Desperate Computer Science Graduate student seeking
	information of any kind (i.e. articles, books, basic
	explanation, etc.) in reference to Hilbert's curves.
	Please Mail any applicable response.
		THANKS!!

	Mail	!rochester!ritcv!yti3176

yti3176@ritcv.UUCP (T. Yvonne Itoka) (12/12/85)

> 	Desperate Computer Science Graduate student seeking
> 	information of any kind (i.e. articles, books, basic
> 	explanation, etc.) in reference to Hilbert's curves.
> 	Please Mail any applicable response.
> 		THANKS!!
>

> 	Mail	!rochester!ritcv!yti3176

	In my ignorance, I typed 'Mail' when I meant 'Path'.
	Please forgive me. New user, of course.

dgc@ucla-cs.UUCP (12/14/85)

Expires:
In article <9155@ritcv.UUCP> yti3176@ritcv.UUCP (T. Yvonne Itoka) writes:

	Desperate Computer Science Graduate student seeking information
	of any kind (i.e. articles, books, basic explanation, etc.) in
	reference to Hilbert's curves.

A great deal of information (and misinformation) about this famous
example of Hilbert has appeared.  The best place to obtain information
is in Hilbert's original paper.  It is

	"Ueber die stetige Abbildung einer Linie auf ein Flaechenstueck",
	Math. Annalen Vol. 38 (1891), pp 459-460.

(Note that I have, as is customary in English, deleted umlauts over
vowels, in favor of a following "e".)

Most major university research libraries will have this.

It has been republished by Springer Verlag in the three volume series:
David Hilbert "Gesammelte Abhandlungen" (Collected Works), where it
appears as the first article in the third volume.

David G. Cantor

ARPA:	dgc@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU	(current)
ARPA:	dgc@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA	(former)
UUCP:	...!{ihnp4, randvax, sdcrdcf, ucbvax}!ucla-cs!dgc
--

yti3176@ritcv.UUCP (T. Yvonne Itoka) (12/17/85)

In article <9155@ritcv.UUCP> yti3176@ritcv.UUCP (T. Yvonne Itoka) writes:

>	Desperate Computer Science Graduate student seeking
>	. . . in reference to Hilbert's curves.
>	Please Mail any applicable response.
>		THANKS!!

		Thanks to all of you out there who sent me
	mail in response to my request!  You'll never know
	how helpful you've been.

	Mail:		116 Saranac St.
			Rochester, N.Y.  14621

			rochester!ritcv!yti3176

mwg@petrus.UUCP (Mark Garrett) (12/20/85)

++
> A great deal of information (and misinformation) about this famous
> example of Hilbert has appeared.  The best place to obtain information
> is in Hilbert's original paper.  It is
> 	"Ueber die stetige Abbildung einer Linie auf ein Flaechenstueck",
> 	Math. Annalen Vol. 38 (1891), pp 459-460.
> It has been republished by Springer Verlag in the three volume series:
> David Hilbert "Gesammelte Abhandlungen" (Collected Works), where it
> appears as the first article in the third volume.
> David G. Cantor

Is this available in English anywhere?