[net.video] id AA16249; Fri, 24 Feb 84 06:58:35 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/24/84)

Date: Friday, 24 Feb 1984 06:39:45-PST
From: mother::hughes  (Gary Hughes - CSSE uVAX & AI Systems Group)
To: net.video
Subject: Blank tape quality

I used to use primarily TDK SA (Super Avilan) tapes (beta) and got
excellent results. The initial picture quality is good and does not seem to
deteriorate after many playings. One of the reasons that I tried the tape
in the first place (apart from generally good results from TDK audio tapes)
is that several VCR manufacturers market TDK tape under their own label
(AKAI for example). You can pick it from the distinctive case - it has a
clear window above both both spools.

It used to be slightly more expensive than average but I have seen it at
the same prices as other good quality tape.

Gary Hughes

UUCP:   ...{ decvax | allegra | ucbvax }!decwrl!rhea!mother!hughes
ARPA:   ...decwrl!rhea!mother!hughes@{ Berkeley | SU-Shasta }
reality?:  DEC, ZKO1-2/C07, 110 Spit Brook Rd, Nashua NH 03062