[net.math] "the run-on joke"

188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Greene T Richard) (03/18/86)

From: imd@ihlpl.UUCP (Ira M. Dworkin )

>>>This is at best a partial excuse for humor.
>>When will these math jokes stop? Please give me a sine!
>Notice how these jokes tend to send people off on tangents?
If you're not careful, telling a run-on joke like this at a social function
  could divde your set of friends into limited groups.
And, quite frankly, only squares would not like these irrational jokes.

--
Rick Greene
      ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!188622462

weemba@brahms.BERKELEY.EDU (Matthew P. Wiener) (03/22/86)

Please get these stupid run-on puns off of net.math.  Thank you.

ucbvax!brahms!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/UCB Math Dept/Berkeley CA 94720

marco@andromeda.RUTGERS.EDU (the wharf rat) (03/22/86)

In article <443@excalibur.UUCP>, 188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Greene T Richard) writes:
> From: imd@ihlpl.UUCP (Ira M. Dworkin )

> >>When will these math jokes stop? Please give me a sine!
> >Notice how these jokes tend to send people off on tangents?
> If you're not careful, telling a run-on joke like this at a social function
>   could divde your set of friends into limited groups.
> And, quite frankly, only squares would not like these irrational jokes.
 Aha! Now we can get to the root of the problem
  by a simple application of the quadratic formula .