[net.video] 35" crt's?

albert@kim.BERKELEY.EDU (Anthony &) (10/30/85)

For about a year now, I've been reading about new giant CRT's
(not projection TVs). Has anyone seen one of these things?
				Anthony Albert
				..!ucbkim!albert
				albert@ucbkim.berkeley.edu

saltiel@cdstar.UUCP (Jack Saltiel) (11/04/85)

In article <10845@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>, albert@kim.BERKELEY.EDU (Anthony &) writes:
> For about a year now, I've been reading about new giant CRT's
> (not projection TVs). Has anyone seen one of these things?

In the latest Rolling Stone, Mitsubishi(sp?) had a two page add,
with someone famous(I forget) setting on top of a new
35" CRT color TV. i believe it was a model 3501, or something like
that.  In addition, in September's "Consumer Electronics", a
dealer trade magazine, Mitsubishi talked about their new model
3601R, 36" giant TV. It also, was NOT a projection TV.
I have not seen these in stores yet.
.
--
					Jack Saltiel
					Cambridge Digital Systems

	"Here's to plain speaking and clear understanding."
	"I like a man who likes to talk."

jjd@bbncc5.UUCP (James J. Dempsey) (11/06/85)

It isn't 35", but I saw a 4 page ad in some magazine (people?) recently
for a new Sony 27" series of sets.  All included MTS.

		--Jim Dempsey--
		BBN Communications
		jjd@bbn-unix.arpa (arpanet)
		..!{decvax, ihpn4, wjh12, ima}!bbncca!jjd  (usenet)