[net.video] Oops: was MultiVision/Stereo TV

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (02/28/86)

In article <407@watdragon.UUCP> sewelch@watdragon.UUCP writes:

>The February issue of "Video" mentions that a company called "Multivision"
>has developed a black box which gives analog TV's the power of digital TV's.
>This box can do P.I.P.. Has any one out there seen one of these "boxes". If
>so, are they available yet? How much? what is the company's address?

Well folks, I've done it again; I really blew this one.  Thanks to all those
who responded about the Recoton MTS decoders, though, I'm developing an
interest in them although it's not what I originally had in mind.

The device I was curious about is (quoting the Popular Science blurb, without
permission)

"Get the features of a digital TV on any set by attaching the MV-1001 converter
to the antenna terminals.  The box adds a picture within a picture, freeze
frame, remote control, and stereo audio.  It's $399.  MultiVision,
46127 Landing Pkwy., Fremont Calif. 94538-6407"  -Feb. '86

The accompanying picture shows a sleek black box whose shape vaguely resembles
the USR courier, and a remote control with what appear to be...

	Power   Mute			<== Imagine that all these controls
	  1   2   3			    are on a thin rectangular remote
	  4   5   6			    about four times long as it is wide
	  7   8   9
	 ???  0  ???

	(big    (big
        button) Multivision
		logo)

volume   channel   "auto-scan"
rocker   rocker    "pause"

(some sort of joystick/puck
 labeled "image position")

NOW...does anyone have one of these beasts?  How is it?

-dave

[of course, nothing to do with MV.  Never heard of them before this, in fact]
[my apologies to Popular Science]
--
David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
<disclaimer>	University of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742

"Godzilla has been spotted in Sector 5!"