[net.video] Frequencies for RFI wanted

mark@cbosgd.UUCP (Mark Horton) (03/06/86)

I would appreciate either a copy of the various FM frequencies
used for TV VHF and the low 30 or so cable channels, or a
pointer to a source where I can look them up.

Specifically, I'm trying to figure out (1) where on the FM dial
I might turn a stereo radio receiver to to pick up VHF ch 4,
the local NBC station.  (I have a unit I bought in Japan that
goes from 76 to 108, but I haven't been able to find ch 4 on it.)
(2) what cable channels I'm likely to be able to pick up by twiddling
my VH and VL band adjustments in a not-quite-cable-ready TV.  I'm
hoping to find ch 32 (VH1) in there somewhere.

Please reply by mail, as I don't get this newsgroup normally.

Thanks, and sorry if this is an old question.

	Mark

ahs@mtx5a.UUCP (Art Stadlin) (03/10/86)

> From: mark@cbosgd.UUCP (Mark Horton)
>
> I would appreciate either a copy of the various FM frequencies
> used for TV VHF and the low 30 or so cable channels, or a
> pointer to a source where I can look them up.
>
> 	Mark

The chart shown below should answer your questions about where
TV channels are by frequency.  Cable TV channels 2 to 13 are
on the same frequencies as over-the-air channels 2 to 13.

Cable channels 14 and up are on lower frequencies than over-the-air
(UHF) channels 14 and up.  As the chart below shows, cable channel
22 is adjacent and just below channel 7.  Also, channel 23 is
adjacent and just above channel 13.  With most non-cable-ready TV
sets, you should be able to adjust the fine tuning on 7 and 13
to get cable channels 22 and 23.  Have fun.

			   CHANNEL FREQUENCIES

			      CABLE
			       FREQ
			      (MHz)   CHANNEL

			      54-60	    2
			      60-66	    3
			      66-72	    4
			      76-82	    5
			      82-88	    6
			    174-180	    7
			    180-186	    8
			    186-192	    9
			    192-198	   10
			    198-204	   11
			    204-210	   12
			    210-216	   13
			    120-126	   14
			    126-132	   15
			    132-138	   16
			    138-144	   17
			    144-150	   18
			    150-156	   19
			    156-162	   20
			    162-168	   21
			    168-174	   22
			    216-222	   23
			    222-228	   24
			    228-234	   25
			    234-240	   26
			    240-246	   27
			    246-252	   28
			    252-258	   29
			    258-264	   30
			    264-270	   31
			    270-276	   32
			    276-282	   33
			    282-288	   34
			    288-294	   35
			    294-300	   36

By the way, RFI means Radio Frequency Interference, which I
doubt you are interested in listening to on your receiver.
--
  \\\
   \\\\                                      Art Stadlin