[net.lang.apl] Reading programs left-to-right.

In article <29800001@ISM780.UUCP> darryl@ISM780.UUCP writes:
>In APL, i_i+1,0 rho a[i] _ i does just exactly what you expect it to.
>Of course, nobody writes it that way in APL...  (Oh, interpret the "_"s
>to be left arrows;  anyone remember when teletypes had left arrows and
>not underscores?)

Well, not quite what you expect; if i was a scalar before, it is now a
vector with 1 element.  And if i is a two dimensional array, you will
get an error.  (I realize this wasn't intended as an example of good
programming practice; but it is a good example of bad programming practice.)